Page 3 of 6
Old School Minis \  Livin the Low Life

Livin the Low Life

Old School Minis General Discussions
views 2732
replies 52
following 33

juicedwagon   +1y
the suspentions they are running are not on accumulators so the only in and out movement is when they hit the switch, now tell me this, doesnt a hydraulics lift or any other equepment with hydraulic assist. most of the time the mess is from crappy fittings.

who really cares where any of this started as long as your enjoying it today and will in the future. you know this shit started probley right after the first affordable car came out.

i agree that they did downtalk bags but everyone on this site downtalks hydros so your not doin anything different from them besides not getting on t.v. i like lowriders but not sure if i will ever own one, but i do love what they are doing.
jestermetalwerx   +1y
everyone is entitled to there opinon, but just do your howework
ShakinPlates   +1y
Originally posted by Toddgoesfast

well what is installed properly? Hydraulic cylinders be design are not deisgned for the constant in and out movement that a vehicle suspension needs. Therefore the seals leak eventually and hence the "mess"

I dont agree that the custom scene started from bass boat paint jobs and hydraulics. It started back in the 40s at dry lake beds racing stripped down rides to go fast, not look good.

The mega large flakes, wires and velvet interiors are a sign of people with no sense of style or taste. Just because someone thinks its cool or looks good doesnt make it stylish or cool.

theres no flowing style in those rides, just alot of slapping on whatever will cover up the stock parts or seeing how extravigant you can get with the chrome, paint or wheels.

I 100% disagree. I dont know if it can be safely said that bags are designed for the constant in and out movement that a vehicle suspension needs either.... They go bad just like Hydros do....

I personaly dont like the "Lowrider" flake, juice, velvet, etc... BUT you see a true passion in alot of these peoples eyes and this is what the "custom scene" is all about. "Custom" by definition should be influenced by a culture and a personal passion... not what everybody else thinks just so you can be cool. Theres more to it than that. Every car/truck is a piece of art, if you dont like it, dont look at it. Pretty simple...
obey   +1y
ive always done bags, my next ride will be hydros w/ accumulators. alot of people with hydros seem to reuse parts, which cant be good for the image. I dont really like the whole lowrider "small wheels" gold plating and plaques and stuff but you gotta admit that shit is CLEAN.
obey   +1y
ive always done bags, my next ride will be hydros w/ accumulators. alot of people with hydros seem to reuse parts, which cant be good for the image. I dont really like the whole lowrider "small wheels" gold plating and plaques and stuff but you gotta admit that shit is CLEAN.
disfiguredS10   +1y
My only complaint is that 1 dude that acts like "lowriders" started all things custom. But I still like the show and "lowriders" I'll even watch a tuner show if that's all that's on. vida is a BUTTerface, BUTT you guys know you'd still hit it
jumbo   +1y
Originally posted by fatboysS1O

damnit! i def need to get my cable hooked back up. piss on the show ill watch just to see Vida's jumbo butt!

why do you want to see my but? wierdo
Toddgoesfast   +1y
Originally posted by ShakinPlates

Originally posted by Toddgoesfast

well what is installed properly? Hydraulic cylinders be design are not deisgned for the constant in and out movement that a vehicle suspension needs. Therefore the seals leak eventually and hence the "mess"

I dont agree that the custom scene started from bass boat paint jobs and hydraulics. It started back in the 40s at dry lake beds racing stripped down rides to go fast, not look good.

The mega large flakes, wires and velvet interiors are a sign of people with no sense of style or taste. Just because someone thinks its cool or looks good doesnt make it stylish or cool.

theres no flowing style in those rides, just alot of slapping on whatever will cover up the stock parts or seeing how extravigant you can get with the chrome, paint or wheels.

I 100% disagree. I dont know if it can be safely said that bags are designed for the constant in and out movement that a vehicle suspension needs either.... They go bad just like Hydros do....

I personaly dont like the "Lowrider" flake, juice, velvet, etc... BUT you see a true passion in alot of these peoples eyes and this is what the "custom scene" is all about. "Custom" by definition should be influenced by a culture and a personal passion... not what everybody else thinks just so you can be cool. Theres more to it than that. Every car/truck is a piece of art, if you dont like it, dont look at it. Pretty simple...

are you high? Bags started on commercial trucks in the 70s. many commercial big trucks have millions of miles without ANY failure. millions, no pickup with bags will EVER see a million miles. bags only fail when the bag itself comes in contact with something else or is overpressurized.

a large commercial truck is just getting broken in at 250,000 miles and you dont even do an engine "in frame" rebuild until 500,000 miles. no mini or fullsize will ever see those miles.

hydraulics by the design will never be able to be used in a constant movement application like that. The seals will never last. you have to know that going in and accept the mess and keep it to a minimum to run hydraulics. you can buy cylinders with lifetime warranties, but they eventually leak some just from the constant wear.
Balzout Sparkin   +1y
IT'S JUST A FKN TV SHOW!!!!!!!! Just be glad that there is something to watch other than stupid fkn "reality" television. If it wasn't for Vida's tits and ass it would have been cancelled by now anyway. Hell, I watched 3 episodes before I realized there were cars on it. LOL