Old School Minis \  Livin the Low Life

Livin the Low Life

Old School Minis General Discussions
views 2733
replies 52
following 33

Toddgoesfast   +1y
whats it about? hmm lets see...

its called "livin' the low life" and they are talking about it on here....

its about messy juice, bass boat paint jobs and tuck and roll velvet interiors and lots of gold and chrome and 13" spoke wheels with whitewall tires.

not even worth a few minutes of my time. Id rather watch the grass grow in my yard.
fatboysS1O   +1y
damnit! i def need to get my cable hooked back up. piss on the show ill watch just to see Vida's jumbo butt!
SinistarCustoms   +1y
"that show is wack!!!!! they sit there and rag on us if we have air ride on national television. bump them. it's nothing but a show about the chicano style and their way of life if it was any good it would include all fasets(sp?) of the culture.... INCLUDING MINITRUCKIN (and air ride, thanks to brian jendro)!!!!!!"
FUCK YEAH!! I just get irritated when I watch it, it would be awesome if someone would do a show with shop profiles and interviews on our scene.
jestermetalwerx   +1y
that is how all the custom scene was started is with the bass boat flake and messy juice and the 13 inch spokes with the white walls everyone is entitled to there opinion i like everything customs from rat rods to flaked lowriders and i have owned everything from bagged mini to 63 on hydros
scotto79   +1y
Vida actually looks nasty on that show, looks like she got slapped in the face with the makeup box or something.
Mulligan   +1y
vida never had much of a face lol...butterface

i found it funny that the episode title "Bagged" amd its all about hydros

from the Speed channel site

* Bagged - The influence of hydraulic pumps on the world of hopping and dancing.
smithchassis   +1y
... why do you all think hydraulics is messy? apparently youve never seen a setup installed the right way? Tuck N roll velvet hasnt been in lowriding in several years there rollin leather and suede pretty much now... bass boat flake has nothing to do with lowriding either.... look up gene winfield. it is all custom... hating on another realm of customizing is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black... expand your minds...
stickboy   +1y
yeah dont hate on hydros' do you really think airbags would have came this far is it werent for hydros? to each his own, but the only reason hydros are "messy" cause when something breaks fluid is everywhere, but hey when you have a leaky clyinder you can still limp home just keep hitting the switch, when you got a busted air bag or air line...... your not going anywhere till you fix it. food for thought.
smithchassis   +1y
like i said in another thread... our radical dancer.... roll over on its roof, on its side, bust windows, firewall split in half, no leaks... its all in how you install it. Only time any fluid was spilled pertaining to it was when we changed pumpheads, and thats on the work bench...
Toddgoesfast   +1y
well what is installed properly? Hydraulic cylinders be design are not deisgned for the constant in and out movement that a vehicle suspension needs. Therefore the seals leak eventually and hence the "mess"

I dont agree that the custom scene started from bass boat paint jobs and hydraulics. It started back in the 40s at dry lake beds racing stripped down rides to go fast, not look good.

The mega large flakes, wires and velvet interiors are a sign of people with no sense of style or taste. Just because someone thinks its cool or looks good doesnt make it stylish or cool.

theres no flowing style in those rides, just alot of slapping on whatever will cover up the stock parts or seeing how extravigant you can get with the chrome, paint or wheels.