Page 5 of 6
Toyota Trucks \  Zing frame

Zing frame

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 4317
replies 51
following 27

KEEF   +1y
It will lay Toff when u drop the motor it has nothing to do with suspension altho ur gonna have to section ur oil pan and strainer when u drop it back down cause its gonna be laying on the ground pretty much
dssur   +1y
Originally posted by toffeechips

Originally posted by toffeechips

well without a Z i have a 4" B/D and a Cowl hood. The hood hits the air intake as is. I was going to lower the motor 1.5". But if i Lower the motor 1.5" and do a 1.5" Z then i am right back where i started. but i will be layin flat.

Sorry for the repost but i think my question got overlooked.

dude with a 4" bodydrop you arent laying flat? Ryan Z'd his and did a 2 1/4 bodydrop and it lays flat.
sparkranger   +1y
Toff doesnt lay anything.

Both the past 2 Toyota's were BD'd and didnt lay. I think the problem with this one is the way the bag setup is. They bottom out before anything. It was originally bagged on bars, then body dropped, then someone re-did the bag setup which is why its jacked up now.

Personally, I think it would lay out just fine with the bag setup redone but its not mine so it really dont matter.

Quick question though, what do most of you do about the MAF sensor deal on toyota's with the intake right behind the core? 90 degree that goes straight down towards the bottom of the truck.
toffeechips   +1y
Bags are getting redone. we will go from there. But my original question was about hood clearance.
gtpunk18   +1y
I have a 97 taco and my oil pan is dam near dragging, and the bolts on my rack and p. are dam near drug off.
my front frame rails dont even touch yet. Mine needs a 1" Z, but then ill have to build a cowl.. anyone have a tacoma body dropped and z'd with no cowl???
jdm customs   +1y
toff, you are correct. the z will raise your motor also. if you z it 1.5 then drop the motor 1.5 it will be in the same spot. You will be laying flat but the intake will still hit the cowl.
toffeechips   +1y
Originally posted by tuckntiremaz

toff, you are correct. the z will raise your motor also. if you z it 1.5 then drop the motor 1.5 it will be in the same spot. You will be laying flat but the intake will still hit the cowl.

Thank You very much
1lonisn   +1y
I just did mine 1.25" with the torsions still in and the motor out. I just put a jack right under the front cross member and jacked it straight up into place. It was much easier with the motor out and the cab on, I did my previous truck on the ground with the back off and motor in. This way is much easier, and the torsions held everything in place. I will be doing a 3" cut floor body drop and lowering the motor 1.5" I need to contact seth for a few things though.
tucnrim   +1y
I am planning on bagging my 85 yota soon and am going to "z" it also. I understand it and all but my only question is fenders and such. if the engine goes up and the frame down, hows the fenders stay lined up? something I havent really thought of but figured I would just ask here.