Page 3 of 6
Toyota Trucks \  Zing frame

Zing frame

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 4302
replies 51
following 27

granth   +1y
were your scissor jacks under the frame or what? im guessing you layed the frame flat on the ground...

also, what gets done with the brake lines? do the stock ones still work?
granth   +1y
does the steering get anything done to it? sorry for all the questions but don't want any suprises when I get to doing this! Someone please let me know.
DRGDDLY   +1y
anybody got before and after pics of the truck and of the z
granth   +1y
i will shortly if all goes well.
time1   +1y
I didnt have any problems with brake lines and had to make a small notch above the steering shaft in the firewall.
granth   +1y
does it still seal or how did you do that?
time1   +1y
Originally posted by 72bumpside

Does the steering shaft seal at the firewall?? NO it does not seal anymore but i wasnt to worried about it.
low99maz   +1y
There are before and after pics of a 2" z on my truck in my profile. The pics at the top with the truck in just red are pre z then the show pics with the truck black and red are post z
granth   +1y
Originally posted by TiMe_1

Originally posted by 72bumpside

Does the steering shaft seal at the firewall?? NO it does not seal anymore but i wasnt to worried about it.

hm. was told the column would compress enough to handle the Z I guess we will find out when I do mine
toffeechips   +1y
well without a Z i have a 4" B/D and a Cowl hood. The hood hits the air intake as is. I was going to lower the motor 1.5". But if i Lower the motor 1.5" and do a 1.5" Z then i am right back where i started. but i will be layin flat.