Page 1 of 3
Toyota Trucks \  What makes an 84-88 Toyota unique

What makes an 84-88 Toyota unique

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 4128
replies 26
following 17

minitrucker29   +1y
I just wanted you guys opinion on this year toyota trucks. Because I am looking for one and wanted to do something different but clean at the same time.
Todsmack   +1y
Don't do this to yours!You will not place at truck shows with this.It's not what judges are looking for.Always do your own thing to your ride!You can't go wrong!
standardbyker88   +1y
they share alot of the same general dimensions with the 89-95s, which means you can do the 93-95 4runner grille swap without a ton of custom work. they have nice clean sharp lines. they have the jap and american beds (rolled in top, smooth curved top). the extended cab isnt nearly as long as the 89-95, which is better to some. they have good strong motors, with either carb, fuel injection or turbo fuel injection on the midrange years. they are very simple inside, but have options from other stocker trucks you can add to a base. if the deal is good, i say get it. because toyotas are the shit.
onelowmini   +1y
THey offered a cool upgraded model with a factory Turbo, power windows, power locks, cruise control, and alot of other cool factory stuff. We are giving one of those away next year at our show...FFF SHOW...the truck is dope..wish it was mine.
skrapinflesh   +1y
Edited: 5/11/2007 9:15:30 AM by kotton

Originally posted by Todsmack

Don't do this to yours!You will not place at truck shows with this.It's not what judges are looking for.Always do your own thing to your ride!You can't go wrong!

so then who do you build your rides for the judges or what you want your truck to be I really don't care what someone thinks about my truck its what I want
holcombe347   +1y
this year truck isnt really all that common.. the 89-95 years are done up morethan the older trucks. i preffer the 84-88 trucks myself (because i have an 88 with jap bed..lol) good, strong, reliable, and easy to work on. here is a few picks of mine...i kept all the 2wd sheetmetal because i dont like the big 4x fenders in the front.

post photo
post photo
holcombe347   +1y
hmm...i tried to resize that image but its not working..didnt mean to post up that picture that big...
bigg gess   +1y
Aside from the fact that you can't go wrong with a toyo, when you get the 4x4 fenders and bed combo it looks bold as if it was made to be that body style...by no means am I knocking the standard body style, take a look at some of the standard body style yoties here, they still make an impact, but like I said for me it's the 4x4 body...L8TR
holcombe347   +1y
no offense taken...a lot of people are partial to the 4x bed and fenders, thats why i opted to keep it different and run all 2wd metal. the back is a lil hairy with about 1/4" clearence between the wheel and fender but its all good.
Uncle Fester   +1y
I love this year style truck so much. Currently own one myself.