Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  Another Winter Project

Another Winter Project

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 1180
replies 1
following 1

truck action   +1y
So I've been tossing around an idea for my next winter project even though I kind of started it!
I found this site a few years ago that modifies Supra tail lights & I like the look, not so much the cost!!!
They rebuild your tail lights to all COB LED's ,either single ring or double ring, see photo's
, looks like the brake & tail lights might be triple rings!
There is another company in Canada that will make the boards with COB LED's, at 1/2 the cost ,but still over $500!!
Any way I have my two old tail lights to test with so on the first one I removed the outer lens & inner cover to get to the inner lens, of which I can't get the lens off! I decided it would be better to cut away enough of the back of that portion to gave me enough area to insert a backing plate( plastic disk) to which I'll mount the same LED strips that I use at the front of the truck & I'll seal all up with water proof sealer. The third photo is the inner lens with the back cut open!
Today I have to get two more sizes of hole saws so can cut the backing plate to the size that fits the opening than get the LED's & test fit & check the look!
We see if it goes well enough so cut my new $300 Supra Lights!! And yes I already run LED bulbs!!
truck action   +1y
Photo's
post photo
post photo
post photo
Page 1 of 1