Page 1 of 2
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Removing Emissions Crap

Removing Emissions Crap

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 3669
replies 18
following 10

3tcrob   +1y
Lets see some pics of the engine with the emissions stuff removed, I want to do it to mine when I get my sidedraft manifold but there is a couple of connectors that when unplugged I think they are green and white but unplugged the truck wont start or turn over but when they are inplugged after the truck is started it won;t effect it Anyone know what isin this bundle think it is a starter wire or something
Let me know what rewiring you had to do to remove your emissions
twisted minis   +1y
I dont know about the emissions, because I am required to leave it all intact. But, the started wire should be direct from the started to the battery, and fromt he started to the ignition. Yours may have a fuse in the middle of the starter and key though.
3tcrob   +1y
All it is Two plugs under the intake manifold I can unplugg them and nothing but I can unplugg them after I start the truck and nothing happens the truck runs fine there is no link or fuse in there plus I'm still trying to work out the gremlins that I got when I bought the truck there is so much rigged stuff on it It has aftermarket battery cables and such on it now plus I have to make a box for the battery cause someone let a battery explode or leak and the battery is about to fall through
3tcrob   +1y
Plus I have MSD on my truck no ignitor or anything
twisted minis   +1y
Sounds like my truck. I'll be rewiring the entire engien compartment. But your truck is a bit different than mine. Totally different motor, so I really dont know. I got an 80.
m_i_zombie   +1y
I have been trying to figure what I can remove myself. I hav e alot of vacuum hoses that go to nothing but they run of a distribution block to the carb, Si i can it will be a trial an error thing.
shaved dime   +1y
yea, i need to see some pics of the emissions removed because there is waay too much crap in the way right now...mines a 22r btw...
oldsklminitrk   +1y
I ditched everything vacuum lines and all I have nothing there even vacuum lines to the distributor
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
twisted minis   +1y
Thats what I need my engine bay to look like. Lol. Fucking CA smog laws...
3tcrob   +1y
If I had my sidedraft manifold it would be no problem but right now I'm riding stock Asain crap Tomorrow I'm going to start yanking vaccum lines and plugging