Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  What muffler?

What muffler?

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1498
replies 9
following 7

twisted customz   +1y
what kind of muffler are you guys running? It is time to replace mine cuz I'm redoing my rear set up and I need to have it fit under my cab, plus I drug a hole through it too. . I use to have a turbo before i bagged it, but it would resonate in the cab to much even with the cab insulated. I want some thing that sounds good, but that is tolerable in the cab.

Thanks,
Chriz
truck action   +1y
I run a Borla,it's small size,stainless construction & life time warranty are the factors in my choice!
smctoy   +1y
Im running a Flowmaster 40 series/2-chamber on my truck...same muffler Ive used on all my vehicles since I was in high school lol! I like the fact that theve got a low tone & idle, but they really open up when you get on the throttle!! Plus they are not loud at all when cruising.
loasfkyota   +1y
I run the same thing as smctoy on my daily, now it is a fullsize with the 5.3 v8 but i have had 3 different size turn downs on it and they all give the truck a different sound, that's what I've always liked about that particular muffler. As soon as it's exhaust time on my yota, that's what I'll be running.
macdave06   +1y
Whatever you run, if you got the money go stainless. Otherwise all the welds are gonna rust on you. I ran a gibson catback on mine when it had the 22re in it. It had a pretty deep sound, not ricey at all. I'd youtube videos and see what you like the sound of.
dubvipers   +1y
Subaru Forester muffler.. I needed something quiet (im running straight from the cab end lol)

well.. somewhat welded.... i can unhook it, literally
joeynational   +1y
Dynomax Ultra Flow..stainless, quiet enough but still has a throaty sound
truck action   +1y
Borla
dubvipers   +1y
dont forget the Vtec
dubvipers   +1y
$110 for a magnaflow doesn't seem bad.

Better have 2.25" exhaust piping though, it's optimum. I'm running a Magnaflow on my truck and it sounds great, deep tone.

Magnaflow is a freeflow design, allowing you to free up the horses easier. The flowmasters are played out, and are of a chambered design. sounds "hollow".
Page 1 of 1