Page 3 of 4
Yota Audio Video \  Instrument panel swap

Instrument panel swap

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 5387
replies 30
following 11

glhturbo   +1y
just remember, i think 93+ pickups and runners use an ELECTRONIC speedo, not a mechanical cable driven one, but this is not 100%, check your existing cluster to see what you need first....
w8   +1y
Yea, the 93 has an electronic speedo. I just swapped the guages out of a 93 into mine. But didn't swap the speedo over. The nice thing is the housings are identical.

holcombe347   +1y
i thought that the trannys for the 22r and 22re were all compatable to swap throughout each truck...so the trucks after 93, do the trannys still work to swap say from 93-95 into a truck thats older such as a 89 or even 87? what happens with the speedo out, is it just capped off or something? or does the tranny swap only work from years 84-92? actually i think even the modles before 84 used the same trannys?
m_i_zombie   +1y
should be the same throughout those years. Difference would be the sending unit for the electronic cluster. They would be in the same location just different ways of sending the message to the speedometer.
holcombe347   +1y
yeah thats what im sayin, if the sending mechanism is different from electronic to mechanical.... my 4 spd. and cluster take a cable for the speedo, but say i put a tranny from a 94 in, would i then have to change out the cluster too? not that thats what im doing just curious. the 5 speed i got still takes a cable.
w8   +1y
No, you would just plug your cable into the newer 5 speed.
sitnlow4life   +1y
Ok guys so I got a 92 yota with no tachometer and no tripometer.
I got a cluster out of a 95 pickup with tach and trip
Installed it today
Battery and fuel gauge work perfect.
Speedo works perfect as well so I guess its 92+ that has a VSS wire.
problems...
The oil gauge starts at High then slowly travels to low
The temp gauge isnt doing anything.
And the tach isnt doing anything either.
Any ideas?
Thanks
sitnlow4life   +1y
bump
Comon guys any input on this?
w8   +1y
limon   +1y
when u get it to work let me know what u did to it. i plan to do this swap as well. n my speedometer is fucked so...i guess it will be worth the try.