Page 2 of 4
Yota Audio Video \  Instrument panel swap

Instrument panel swap

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 5389
replies 30
following 11

w8   +1y
ok, stupid question time. Why does the dash have to be digital? Don't they have a regular cluster that isn't digital?
oldsklminitrk   +1y
yeah they have a regular one i was just showing that there is a digital one that is very hard to find
phatboislim   +1y
it haz tur B0 lol
toyotaman89   +1y
<<- Has also done said swap, and yes, you have to change the temp sensor by the thermostat housing over to a manual sender, and the oil pressure sending unit must be changed as well...You will also have to run a tach signal wire through the firewal from the coil and hook it to the tach screw on the back of the cluster.
m_i_zombie   +1y
Jeez, I forgot about the digital dash. I think I have only seen one other in my life. It came from a turbo 4runner if I remember right. Looking at it brings back memories of the horrid Knight Rider era.
w8   +1y

So far it sounds worth it to do.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Yeah Ive seen maybe 2 of those in my life there hard to come across ......they only came in gray and black 4 runners with the turbo motor....
holcombe347   +1y
thats the first digital ive ever seen...

i thought that the mechanical cluster with the tach built into it came mostly in the automatic trucks and were slightly longer than the gauge cluster without the tach.

it would be a good swap but im already running external oil pressure and volt meter gauges so it would just be easier for me to put in a external tach as well all import racer style. lol. you could even get one with a shift light for when your out racing...
m_i_zombie   +1y
There is a company out there that is making a new set of guages for the older toyotas since they have all of a sudden "gained more interest" than chevy's. From what I have seen of the prototype they will be nice, damn nice. I think the price though will be around 380-500 for the cluster, steep price but its a nice product. I'll see if I can dig up the link if anyone is interested in it.
kdcgrohl   +1y

me too.