Removing Dash pad

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 7401
replies 37
following 6

m_i_zombie   +1y
yup, duct tape thats what its made for.
phatboislim   +1y
dnt know i just tweeded mine, i was sick of looking at it, right now im hoping to find a dash in good shape that i can sand and paint. i wish i knew how to fiberglass, cuz i would just do that instead.

but yea w/ the tabs basically do two at a time, preferably the two bottom tabs, then the two top then itll pop out easy...BE EXTRA CAREFUL W/ THE VENT TO THE FAR PASSENGER SIDE lol...just a word of caution
holcombe347   +1y
alright i got one more question about removing the lower part of the dash. how is the a/c controls held in? i got everything else diconnected i just dont want to break that...do the cables have to be diconnected or is there a way to just slide the whole panel out in one piece. i just need the plastic dash part so i can paint it. thanks again.
phatboislim   +1y
im not sure about the a/c cuz i dnt have any a/c(no luxuries LOL) but it may just be a clip..id wait for an answer for someone who has a/c
holcombe347   +1y
well its technically the a/c, its the whole panel for the temperature setting, where it blows to (feet, defrost, etc.) and the fan speeds...i think all the models came with that..just some didnt come with the a/c button. but all that is is just a wire to disconnect no big deal...i just dont know about disconnecting all the cables to make all that work...if i could just get the dash out and leave that part in there it would be better but i dont know if that is the case with it.
phatboislim   +1y
hold on your removing the whole dash, or just the dash pad??
holcombe347   +1y
WHOOPS I MEANT TO SAY ITS TECHNICALLY NOT THE A/C. LOL...

BUT YEAH THE WHOLE DASH HAS TO COME OUT SO I CAN SAND ALL THE TEXTURE OUT OF IT AND PAINT EVERYTHING...THE SHITTY PART IS THAT BIG OL PIECE HAS TO COME OUT AND THERE IS ONLY LIKE 4 SPOTS THAT I NEED TO PAINT. I GOT THE PAD OUT LAST NIGHT..NOW ITS JUST THOSE TEMPERATURE AND FAN CONTROLS HOLDING ME UP.
phatboislim   +1y
ooooo...yea i think draggin87 can help you with that, b/c i think he's taken out his whole dash before, ive only taken off the pad and 'speedo surround'