Page 3 of 4
Yota Audio Video \  Removing Dash pad

Removing Dash pad

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 7400
replies 37
following 6

draggin87yota   +1y
nice bro,it wasnt that hard right?im thinking about doing that soon.
phatboislim   +1y
naw just that damn passenger side dash is a bitch to get off w/ the vent in the way, if u look in 2nd pick u can see that the bottom right part of the vent is broke, thats what happens when one bolt is a bitch to get to. other than that, the laying down of it is pretty simple..i have so much tweed left over i dnt know what to do w/ it
phatboislim   +1y
u r the shit thanks..question, should i paint my vents black??
holcombe347   +1y
im so glad this thread was here...i started to pull all of my dash out so i can paint it and get the dash pad re-covered and didnt know what the hold up was...ill get that bolt out tonight and continue on my way. lol.
holcombe347   +1y
how do you get the vents out of the dash board? i just cant seem to get out the vent bezel to get to the bolts behind it for the dash board. im afraid to break them but they have to come out. i dont know if there is a special tool to decompress the clips some how or what....these have to come out one way or another weather it be in pieces or as a whole...i would prefer it to come out as a whole though. lol.

thread post photo

thread post photo
m_i_zombie   +1y
push in on the four metal tabs.
holcombe347   +1y
like just push in the two at the bottom with my thumbs and slide toward me, then do the same at the top? or do all have to be compressed at the same time.
m_i_zombie   +1y
yeah, kind of like a corner at a time.
holcombe347   +1y
alright cool, im gonna try it tomorrow when i go back out there to finish tearing it apart. he i was also thinking..my dash is cracked from the sun and what not...i was thinking about getting it recovered in some drk gray vinyl to match the pieces in my doors, but i would like to shave those two vents out of the dash...what do i do with the duck work that goes to those vents. cap them off some how?