Page 2 of 4
Yota Audio Video \  Removing Dash pad

Removing Dash pad

Yota Audio Video Yota Tech
views 7399
replies 37
following 6

m_i_zombie   +1y
[quote="phatboislim"]i got thru it with one of the bolt like that, but the other one..i ended up cracking my damn vent trying to get the vent out to get to that bolt...TOYOTA STUPID DESIGN lol.

anyway, im blowing windshield wiper fuses like crazy..any suggestions, im using the recommended amp (15A) but its still blowing, and its raining outside(good thing my windshield is waxed)[/quote

Are you going through your dash to get to the Windshield wiper motor???

Wiper motor is on the firewall in the engine compartment. The cowl is removable so you can chackto see if something is binding and causing the motor to blow fuses. Check you wiper linkage and see if its in a bind or check the continuity of the motor.
phatboislim   +1y
naw, im taking off the dash pad so i can redo it, but this past week my fuses for my wipers have been blowing for no apparent reason, the one i replaced last nite blew within 10mins, and the wipers were acting funny.
m_i_zombie   +1y
Replace the motor, its getting too much resistance.

That vent you broke, its cheap enough to replace.
phatboislim   +1y
what you think caused that?? would cleaning my engine cause that(water getting to it)??

i was looking on ebay, i cant find one
draggin87yota   +1y
thanx for this post bro,i had the same question bout taking off the dash,lol.
Post was last edited on Jul 25, 2006 04:07. This post has been edited 1 times.
phatboislim   +1y
my bad i was actually talkin about the vent..i'd wax the hell out of the windshield to prevent the windshield wiper lol..i might be able to get rid of it if i get this gsr hehehe
phatboislim   +1y
its now redone w/ the tweed and reinstalled, i messed up a lil on around the vents as far as getting it covered but other than that, its looks good
draggin87yota   +1y
wen u get a chance bro,post sum pics,
phatboislim   +1y
will do..im thinking about doing my headliner, visors and behind my seats with it, depends on how much more i need i guess, but headliner im definitely considering, b/c i have an ass of tweed left
phatboislim   +1y
here are my pics of my dash done..i dnt have a digital camera, so this is as good as it gets as far as these camera pics..