Page 5 of 14
Toyota Pickup Projects \  not-so-sleeper

not-so-sleeper

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 15160
replies 130
following 21

macdave06   +1y
Thanks. your truck is lookin pretty nice too, I just went through the whole build thread, haha. I owned a bodydropped b2200 for about a year but it was a hack job. Yours looks top notch especially for a home build. I need to stop looking at it though cause its making me want another bagged truck, and a I need a daily not another project.

I'm thinking about doing a tubular core support on this toy.
macdave06   +1y
alright so I've notched the frame for the radiator and got it sat down in the right spot, also mounted the combo cooler to the support I welded in. pics will be up maybe tonight/tomorrow if I get around to taking some.
macdave06   +1y
So I'm going to disneyland at the end of the week, but when I get back I think I'm gonna start doing the brake lines and such and upgrade to rear disk. I had read something somewhere, I thought, that said the landcruiser masters are built correctly proportioned(as in no seperate prop valve). Anybody confirm this?
truck action   +1y
Yes! Use non-ABS!
I used adjustable,as for fine tuning of the brakes
macdave06   +1y
cool. now to find one cheap
kris@thehoffmangroup   +1y
We have fans that will work for your project. ZIRGO COOLING FANS

I believe we are cheaper on some items.
macdave06   +1y
already ordered a zirgo fan from summit... should be here soon
macdave06   +1y
got rotors to start doin rear disks. gonna be working back and forth on my buddies 66 chevy and my toy. hes got the typical rust holes in the lower portion of the fenders
macdave06   +1y
started on my rear disks today, got one side all torn apart ready for a rotor, the other side I still need to pull the axle and cut off the backing plate. I have yet to go back to pick n pull and get my calipers. maybe tomorrow cause theyre closed today already. I'm waiting on headers before I can do anything more with the motor. I dont wanna move it back and then find out the headers wont fit that way.
macdave06   +1y
so I cant run 14 inchers with my caps unfortunately. The rear disk setup is too big for em. Hopefully I can get a set of 15's thatll clear cause I dont wanna go with bigger than that(maybe 16s), I need more rubber and less wheel lol.

update: ordered 15x8s and 15x7s. summits 5 drag star knockoffs. hopefully stuff in a 295/50 tire. if not then 275/60.

AND I broke my hand again so progress will be slowed.