Page 7 of 14
Toyota Pickup Projects \  not-so-sleeper

not-so-sleeper

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 15189
replies 130
following 21

macdave06   +1y
Got wheels and tires for the front, finished up the rear brakes on one side. Half way through doing a patch on my buddies 66 chevy. Did a little metal art for the girlfriend.

heres pics:

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Patch:
thread post photo

Rose:
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Still a ways to go, but progress is progress. I really need to get rid of my 65 to get some money for this thing. If you got any friends into classic ford trucks... haha.
macdave06   +1y
I am NOT looking forward to doing the firewall in this thing. I dont wanna use any rod or tubing thats gonna show in the engine bay.
baha   +1y
Nice metal art man! are you on metalmeet.com?
macdave06   +1y
nah. its not somethin I regularly do. I do artsy stuff but thats about all ive messed with outside of a car with metal.
macdave06   +1y
So I thought I was gonna get some work done on the toy, but my buddies out of town and I have no garage keys lol. So that didnt happen. Had to buy new U bolts today for the 65 pickup, 36 damn dollars for two. Oh well it needs to get sold so it needs to be half decent.

About to get a bumper for this thing though. I'm thinkin 4runner. theres a couple nice ones at pnp for $50 so I think thats what im gonna go with. I found out recently I cant run shaved doors at infineon so I guess I'm gonna have to get rid of my shaved doors haha.

Does anybody know where I can get a pair of doors with the vent wings?
macdave06   +1y
So I went back today to get a bumper. there were FOUR nice ones yesterday, guess how many were left today? NONE. Then I ran into a 4runner with wing windows and I was gonna snatch the doors, but I didnt bring a 10mm wrench or socket so I couldnt get the fenders off to get at the hinges. so gay.
sparage   +1y
i'm not a 100% but i think the 4 runner doors are slightly different.
macdave06   +1y
ah. figures. ha. oh well they got a 4wd pickup in the parking lot waiting to go back with vent windows too.
macdave06   +1y
so I went to pick n pull to see if they had that vent windowed pickup there. Well they did but one vent window was missing. Thats not the worst news though.

Worse news is that I came out to my window smashed out and my system stolen out of the geo. They got my deck my amp and my sub, in a matter of 15 minutes.

oh and that rose is done
and you can see another piece of metal art next to that too
thread post photo

thread post photo
truck action   +1y
Sorry to hear of your lost!
I know this isn't the answer,but I'd take a bait car back , & lay in wait!!
Justice is best served while hot!!