threads
Page 2 of 15
Mazda Projects \  Cherokeed's 91 b2200 Cab Plus (Clean Stock Daily Driver)

Cherokeed's 91 b2200 Cab Plus (Clean Stock Daily Driver)

Mazda Projects
views 24904
replies 150
following 16

cherokeed   +1y
Need Help ASAP which weber carb should I order? I'm looking for the easiest ,

Will someone send me the recommended carb setup for a ext cab 5spd,stock I need the complete setup.
Also is it easier for the electric choke,or manual.i want to get rid of all the vacum lines. What model should I buy???
mazdafvr   +1y
i got the 38. old cusser give me this site because i wanted an actuall weber and apperantly there are knock offs but u can get a true weber here. i ordered it friday and it got here monday (ups ground)

you wont be dissappointed in these dudes. they dont b.s. i have yet to test my weber so what model is up to u. but i read the 32/36 has some preformance gains but makes the motor run alot smoother and better while the 38 is best for higher compression, bigger than stock tires, preformance cams ect. they say if your gonna put preformance parts in or want more power that the 38 is more bang for buck. and is not "over carburation for a stock motor." sry for the book.
dan woodland   +1y
I bought a 32/36 which a lot of Mazda guys do. Has an electric choke which works well.

I recommend keeping the stock unit unless you have major trouble. They are actually very good, but complicated, systems. Dan
cherokeed   +1y
Thanks I went check out the site.im looking at the 32/36 version if I run the e choke do I need the ecu still or run a wire.or run a manual one
mazdafvr   +1y
i dont think youl need the ecu. the electric choke plugs to the back of the alternator.
dan woodland   +1y
Nope, you don't need to use the computer or any of the vacuum stuff. You can get rid of nearly everything on the passenger fender well too. If you have a 5sp you'll only need one vacuum line for the distributor, if you have an automatic you need two, one for the distributor and one for the transmission.

The E-choke works from a line from the back of the alternator. It provides around 7volts not 12 like you would think.

When you install the adapter kit use this to seal it. Use a VERY thin layer it goes a long way and will squeeze out all over if you use too much.

" target="_blank

Also, I used a "rubberized" gasket paper for the gaskets, I did not reuse the old ones.

Both can be found at Advance Auto.

I suggest you keep all the stuff you take out/off the truck and don't trash it until you are sure you like the weber setup. If I had mine I would go back to the stock carb setup.

Post pictures as you go and ask questions, this is an easy swap.
chinpokumon   +1y
I too think I will be doing the Weber 32/36 carb soon. My stock carb performs fine, but I can't get it to lean itself out! I checked for the vacuum leaks, float problems and any other more obvious problems. So ... with my stock carb, running nice, I am averaging around 17MPG. I thought these B2200's got mid 20MPG at least??

I'll be following this if you get that Weber and get it installed. I'm gonna do more research myself!
cherokeed   +1y
Thanks for all the input i still have everything from the stock carb. I'm using my iPhone more info on the way

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
cherokeed   +1y
my webber carb has came in, weeks ago.. 32/36 with the e choke.

well i have the engine in the truck..just need to tighten up stuff heres pics!
thread post photo

thread post photo

Husband putting in engine
Post was last edited on Jun 17, 2013 07:06. This post has been edited 1 times.
cherokeed   +1y
More pics of my progress its currently in the truck
It's all raining outside and stuff so I'm inside being lazy,my next step with the truck is to clean up the engine bay.

thread post photo

thread post photo

This truck is for sale
thread post photo

Here's the number if ones interested its in southern Louisiana.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo