Page 5 of 31
Mazda Projects \  DropOut: Bagged & BD'd on 20's

DropOut: Bagged & BD'd on 20's

Mazda Projects
views 72722
replies 309
following 56

lowlyfe   +1y
Not much has been done to the Mazda lately but we did upgrade our little 20 gallon compressor with this bad boy 80 gallon from lowes. I called an electrician to give me a quote for running 220 into the garage and was told just under $300, so we started moving things in the garage to make room for the compressor and found a live supply of 240 volt wires coming through the wall without a receptical or cover plate over them, so we wired the plug up and BAM 240 with a 60 amp breaker ready to go for about $50.
thread post photo

Anyway the Mazda is patiently waiting for us to start on the rear suspension. We took the bed off and cleaned the frame up at the car wash and will start cutting on it tonite.
thread post photo
89mazdalade   +1y
nice hope ur luck is better than mine i bought that same compressor to paint with and i kept gettin oil in the air lines took it back bought a craftsman no problems yet
gorgonheimer   +1y
Supposed to use a trap or three when painting.
lowlyfe   +1y
Not much has been done but were slowly making progress.
We got the rear cleaned up a little and built the link crossmember, measured for the 4link bars and put together a list of parts that I will be ordering tomorrow to complete the rear.
We also ordered a notch from guiltybydesign.net built specific for the mazda, that should be here this weekend hopefully so we can get started on that.

Heres a pic of said crossmember
thread post photo
dirtymazdawhippin   +1y
What type of welder ysll using
sahankaface   +1y
good stuff bro cant wait to see this thing lay out
lowlyfe   +1y
Im using a Hobart 140 with gas. The notch I ordered should be here soon, SEMA had everybody busy so we had to wait an extra week. Tonight I ordered the parts for the 4link, it's a bag on bar setup with 2x2 lowers, 1.5" round tube uppers and it's fully adjustable. So we will have to wait on the parts to arrive before we will be able to lay this thing out all the way but it will happen in due time.
Where can I find a good aluminum fuel cell for a good price?
sahankaface   +1y
ebay
lowlyfe   +1y
Well the build is still on hold, Just sitting on jack stands in the garage.
If you order parts you should'nt have to wait a month and a half and still counting down the days for them to ship them out...LAME.
Were waiting on the notch and the link kit
xgolferdude   +1y
Unfortunately thats par for the course with quite a few places any more.. but man with yalls talent just build ur own stuff....