Page 6 of 31
Mazda Projects \  DropOut: Bagged & BD'd on 20's

DropOut: Bagged & BD'd on 20's

Mazda Projects
views 72784
replies 309
following 56

lowlyfe   +1y
We talked about it but the reason I ordered the parts instead of making them is because creating a full set of link tabs (16 of them) and getting them perfect would take ALOT of time and work with the torch and grinders... not to mention the notch and link bars and during this build we're also putting my project T'Bird back together so we are already busy in the garage.
I'll sneak this pic of it in here just for fun
thread post photo
lowlyfe   +1y
Well appearently, the notch and link should be here Monday so we will get to work on it right away.

Can anybody tell me how to set the pinion angle on these trucks with the 2 piece drive shaft and at what angles to set them? Where would I set the angle finder to find the proper angles as well?
lowlyfe   +1y
Double post.
xgolferdude   +1y
The Pinion should be 1-2 degrees down from the angle of the driveshaft at ride height... That will get u about where u need to be..
lowlyfe   +1y
Got the air tank mounted to frame. Ended up making new brackets to bolt the tank to the frame. The tank will likely end up coming through the bed floor in the rear unless we decide to raise the floor alot more and have real shallow bed but time will tell. My welding is getting better too.
The link and notch should be here tomorrow and were planning getting into it right away so we will have more progress within the next couple of days if we can find the time between our work shcedules.
thread post photo

thread post photo
lowlyfe   +1y
We got most of the link parts today, the rest will be here shortly but we got right into it and ended up getting the notch mostly finished tonight. Gotta weld on the bottom plates and clean them up a little. Now were ready to start putting the link bars into place.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
lowlyfe   +1y
I found this old picture of the truck back when it was a static daily driver, must have been 6 years ago.
thread post photo
un4givn85   +1y
how much drop is that in the rear
thats about what im looking for out of a static drop
my truck will be the red and black version of that one lol
lowlyfe   +1y
Hmmmm... I know it had 4 inch angled blocks, it was mono-leafed with the overload left in place and the 215/40 series tires to help get it that low.
lowlyfe   +1y
We're just waiting on the axle tabs to mount the 4 link which they should be here any time now but we got the truck layed out front and rear to get an idea of what we're working with so far. Pictures suck from my phone but they will do...
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo