Page 7 of 31
Mazda Projects \  DropOut: Bagged & BD'd on 20's

DropOut: Bagged & BD'd on 20's

Mazda Projects
views 72787
replies 309
following 56

kovz   +1y
Looking good man. I am digging this build.
un4givn85   +1y
looks good man
im kinda jealous
i dont want to be that low, i just want the adjustability lol
mymmeryloss   +1y
That 4 link crossmember is fucking stout!

Lookin good!
lowlyfe   +1y
I appreciate the kind words. It's alot of time and work to do a build like this but i'd have to say we're enjoying it atleast 90% of the time the other 10% is cussing and back pain ha ha.
Tonite we added a tube crossmember between the notches and centered the axle so when we get the axle tabs we can mount the link bars right away.

I finally got shocks mounted on my bagged t'bird tonite and I gotta say it's night and day difference in ride quality with them on. The ride is SO much smoother than it was before them, we will be putting shocks on the Mazda without a doubt!
Anybody know if a shock is more effective being mounted on the axle, or on the lower link bars when running a bag on bar link setup or does it make a difference?
lowlyfe   +1y
Here's our progress on the 4link setup that we got done today. Do you guys think our upper bars are a little too short or is it just me? The bags will sit on the lower bars but we still have to figure out how we will do the upper bag mounts.
thread post photo

thread post photo
sincitylocal   +1y
They're probably long enough, but the forward mounting points should be facing the rear mounting points.
They aren't properly angled... how do you plan to make that work?
baha   +1y
He's probably planning on making the upper bars zig zag so to speak.

It's a better way in my opinion. You get the benefits of a triangulated upper link with out the draw backs of the binding causing premature bushing wear.

Nice build up Lowlyfe, clean work.
lowlyfe   +1y
Baha got it. Today were cutting the bars that will weld on to the side of the threaded rod end and mount on the DS crossmember center section. The link won't bind and the bushings will be much happer this way.
paparoach1983   +1y
Looks good man.
lowlyfe   +1y
And the link is done, Gotta weld it all up and start the upper bag mounts.
I'm going to try to bend some tubing for the upper mounts with my torch and filling the tube with sand then try to bend it nicely. I have talked about it alot in the past but now is time to see if it works out as well as it sounds.

thread post photo

thread post photo