Page 4 of 31
Mazda Projects \  DropOut: Bagged & BD'd on 20's

DropOut: Bagged & BD'd on 20's

Mazda Projects
views 72720
replies 309
following 56

lowlyfe   +1y
Today we got the UCA mount boxed in and the firewall cut so we put the wheel on and took some pictures. We plan on body dropping this to the rocker so the wheels will tuck about another 2.75".
thread post photo

thread post photo
bodydrop24   +1y
Lookin good man im enjoying this build.
h0tr0d   +1y
got any pics of the firewall and inside the cab where you cut for the tubs? this is a winter project for mine and pics would help (mind you i don't have heat/ac, or anything in this truck)
lowlyfe   +1y
Thank you BodyDrop, and ill get a pic for ya tonite H0tr0d.
lowlyfe   +1y
So we didnt accomplish much but we did get the UCA mounts finished and we also got a 45* fitting to clear the frame so we can run our air line to the bags. When we cut the hole for the port we didnt realize that it would end up so close to the frame and figured worse case scenerio we would have to drill another hole in the front of the bag brackets but we lucked out, so good news for us.
A police officer stopped by the garage to bullshit about our projects and was blown away to say the least. We spent an hour or more just talking to the guy, he was cool and what made it even better was we made friends with the local officer in our small town.

Heres the UCA bracketry all done, i had better pics but my camera quit working all of a sudden so I lost them.
thread post photo

thread post photo
lowlyfe   +1y
It's finally off the jack stands and we now have a rolling chassis. The front end is laying on the crossmember pretty hard.
We plan on reversing the clutch master cylinder next, then notch the rear frame and start on the back suspension which will have a triangulated 4link with 7" bags on the bars so stay tuned!

*** Where's the best place to get a nice 4link setup for under $400? Right now were looking at Unusual Fabrications kit and its right at $400 but were hoping to find something a little cheaper.

So anyway heres the pics of its first time out of the garage standing on it's own feet. The T'bird is my project and im hoping to finish it by the end of 2013.

This is pretty close to full lift at around 120 psi, we may get another 1/2" with more pressure but our shop compressor sucks.
thread post photo

And laying front crossmember
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

lowlyfe   +1y
No love for the dawg huh boys?
89mazdalade   +1y
hey nice truck man like the attention to detail i bought my 4-link stuff through this guy Billy West of fx customs great guy cheapest i found on the 4 link i talked to him about the "mazda specific 3 link" and he sent me what i needed always free shippin too heres the link and heres his number 912-980-1528

skrapinsask   +1y
Looking good! jealous of the chrome mirror caps and grille. None around here at any wreckers.
lowlyfe   +1y
Thanks bro, we snagged the mirrors from a guy on here a while back and the grill came from ebay.