Page 2 of 31
Mazda Projects \  DropOut: Bagged & BD'd on 20's

DropOut: Bagged & BD'd on 20's

Mazda Projects
views 72716
replies 309
following 56

lowlyfe   +1y
So sunday we tore out the suspension and cleaned up the frame a little so we could see what and where we needed to cut in order to make room for the bags.
Today we started cutting and got most of the prep work on the frame cut out and then pounded out the bushings on the crossmember to make room for the Cando lower arms... to get them out we heated the crap out of them with the oxy torch and caught the rubber bushings on fire then proceeded to pound on them with a 3lb sledge hammer and they popped right out, no cutting or chisles required. We also starting cutting out the inner fenders to make room for the wheels.
Cando did not send the LCA brackets nor the lower balljoints that were supposed to come with spindles so my brother went and bought a pair of moog's so we dont gotta wait for them.
The cuts are a little rough and need to be cleaned up obviously but here are some pictures of our progress and the spindles that I mentioned in my first post.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

You can see my project in this pic, a 95 Tbird layin frame on Intro 20's
thread post photo

thread post photo
xgolferdude   +1y
I wondered if yall were ever gunna bag this thing!! I remember seeing when ya got those wheels on ssm many moons ago!! Looks like a great start!
lowlyfe   +1y
Your tellin me haha. My bro's been putting this off for ages and now were finally getting into it.
We started pocketing the frame, got the control arms on, got the suspension to "lay out", the inner fenders cut out, and now were waiting on some 1/4" plate to fab up some upper bag brackets then we can plate and reinforce the frame.
sahankaface   +1y
nice looking rides u got there good luck on the builds
lowlyfe   +1y
Thank you sahankaface, we will have both of these done sometime in this life
lowlyfe   +1y
Just a small update but an update is an update none the less right?

We got the frame notched on both sides, put the bags in place and tacked the gussets in and put air in the bags with a schrader valver only to find out the bag will need to be moved forward an inch to clear the brake caliper and the UCA at lift which is fine since it was only mock up to begin with. Heres a few more pics of what we have done so far, the next time this is updated the front will be done.
A better pic of the parts he's been collecting for the past couple of years.
thread post photo

The bag sitting there deciding how much notch will be needed
thread post photo

The rough cut of said notch
thread post photo

thread post photo

All boxed in and ready to mount the bags
thread post photo
mazdaron   +1y
I think im gonna....wait ......yeah I came.. lol looks good!
lowlyfe   +1y
Post was last edited on Dec 30, 2012 09:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
paparoach1983   +1y
not bad man.
lowlyfe   +1y
Well finally the front bags are done and work great after moving them a few times but we got them dialed in just right this time. We hand made the bag plates and gussets since the brackets that my brother bought from cando were for 6" bags, so we are pretty proud of them.
We also made a plate for the side of the frame to beef it up a little more to make sure that it's solid and will be a reliable driver.
So heres the pics, next we are going to make a bracket for the upper control arm mounts since we cut the stock support off with the rest of the frame.
We still need to cut the firewall to tuck the wheels up in there but were getting there, hopefully this weekend. Shocks will also be added here soon.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

My brother, the owner of the truck and his son (the shop foreman) watching his dad use the cutting torch, making sure that he doesnt catch his pants on fire again
thread post photo

What do you guys think of the work so far?