views 72721
replies 309
following 56

selfbuiltrods   +1y
Doin a damn fine job! Keep it up!
sahankaface   +1y
good stuff bro keep it up and i love how his glasses are upside down
h0tr0d   +1y
this makes me want to redo the front of my truck LOL.

Envious.
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
love the progress soo far man!
lowlyfe   +1y
Thanks guys, We are in the process of fabbing a set of brackets to brace and gusset the UCA mounts and will hopefully have them done tomorrow night and will share some pictures of how we did it.
bigdaddy6   +1y
Why did you cut the UCA mounts off?
lowlyfe   +1y
We did'nt cut the UCA mounts off completely, just the front portion to clean up the frame and we are in the process of building these brackets to put the support back into the mounts. It will be all boxed in when done.
They are also designed to bolt on the front and the back so we can take the control arms off if need be.
thread post photo

thread post photo

After these are done we are going to cut the firewall to tuck the 20's, Install some shocks and get ready for the back half.
andres629   +1y
Looking awesome!
midnightmike   +1y
awesome dude, gonna watch this one, i have to do pretty much the same thing to my front end on my truck
lowlyfe   +1y
Thanks boys, im glad you guys are liking it as much as we are since this is our first mini truck build.
We didnt get to do anymore on the mazda tonite because I had to replace a rocker arm on my hardbody cause the lifter went ape shit making a terrible chatter but all is good now.
An old pic of said truck that I salvaged out of 2 busted hardbodies - one with a good frame and drive train but totaled in a Tbone, the other truck I took the body and interior and put them together, total cost $800
thread post photo

Tomorrow night the UCA mounts should be wrapped up after we change a drive belt and do an oil change on a caravan then a front brake job on a grand cherokee.