Page 5 of 10
Mazda Wheels Tires \  5 lug conversion questions

5 lug conversion questions

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 20896
replies 90
following 30

asphalt assassin   +1y
a friend of mine has a mazda and has no access to the net .. so i've been researching for him on the five lug conv. i see that u guys are doing the hub ass. and spindle but i'm not sure and haven't seen on here if u guys r using the stock spindles or drop spindles... we have the hub ass. and rear end just need to know about the spindles and any other pointers....

thanks in advance
asphalt assassin   +1y

TTT anyone ?
hunterw   +1y
it depends on how big of a wheel you plan on running. 20s yes id run spindles. i i am using kustom works control arms built for yota spindles....but if you look through a build log called "project redemption" on pg 8 or 9 he has pics of him using stock control arms and yota ball joints. i hope this helped lol
asphalt assassin   +1y

yes he plans on runnin 20'S and it's body dropped also will he use the mazda ball joints or the yoters ....and that should be it !! thanks alot for the info !!!!
asphalt assassin   +1y
anybody ?
hunterw   +1y
if you use yota spindles then you will need yota ball joints and outer tierods
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
I test fitted ball joints and tie rods on the spindles I mailed you hunter and what I found out is that the mazda lower ball joints fit like a champ. You can't run yota outer tie rods cause of how they hood to the inner tie rods. The mazda 2wd outer tie rods are too small but the mazda 4wd tie rods fit really close. I planned on running those if I did the swap.
asphalt assassin   +1y
so i take it this hasn't been done hardly at all...
mazdaman82   +1y

yes... this is how i did my swap, i used the yota spindles mazda lower ball jounts and yota upers, then used the mazda 4x4 outer tierods and never had a prob out of it.. i ran that setup for 8 years on roads i was scaired of..holds just fine..i did however put a small cone sleeve in the outer tierod to spindle, but dont think it was really needed
idminitrucker (jason)   +1y
whats the differance between the 4x4 and the 2wd ones. i just modified my adjusters and made it work. but if theres a better way im all for it.