Page 3 of 10
Mazda Wheels Tires \  5 lug conversion questions

5 lug conversion questions

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 20895
replies 90
following 30

thebeaumartin   +1y
I used a 2004 ranger axle in mine its the same width and fit well then i used 91 toyota parts up front and it took a custom made driveshaft that cost 90 bux here in Houston and took them 3 hr to complete.
thebeaumartin   +1y
Hay Will use an Explorer rear end it will work great and has disc rear
will   +1y
What year explorer? If I had to guess itd be a 94ish
onebadkota   +1y
I thought about the explorer rearend....its the 8.8 correct?? It would be good and stout, i didnt know what width was needed though to tuck on the mazdas....

On the kota i shortened the rear by 6 inches......wasnt sure if there were similar probs. with these or not?
hunterw   +1y
It really depends on your rims and what offset you have. Its when 6 lug people switch over axles to run lower offseet rims. My tahoes are +32mm and they rub the crap out of my bed. I'm doing an 84 axle so its about 2 ibches shorter then a stock one. Id run something a tad shorter to give you room to play with. But not sure the width on the explorer axle
thebeaumartin   +1y
i got a 95 and its rear disc i will get you a width on it.
will   +1y
It really dosnt matter because ill have the rear end probably just above bellow fender same with the front. But ill see once the build is started
mazdamn   +1y
I have a '91 rear, would that hold up to the power of a 350 better than the stock Mazda rear?
dubd dawg   +1y
it seems like evryone is going with toyota parts, i just redrilled my hubs and rear less work then changing parts. imo
mazdamn   +1y
The mazda I am about to get has a modded 4 bolt main 350 v8 under the hood. I know guys who destroyed the mazda rear ends with stock 4.3L V6s. I dont want a detonation of spinning gears because it cant handle the torque, lol.

the reason I mentioned the toy rear...i have one already, lmao.