Page 2 of 10
Mazda Wheels Tires \  5 lug conversion questions

5 lug conversion questions

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 20894
replies 90
following 30

section8   +1y
you can use the stock arms, you just have to rdrill the balljoint bolt holes in the upper arm and drill out the tie rod hole.the lowr mazda balljoints fit into the toy spindle. the 84 to 88 toy rear axles are 56" wide compared to the 58.75" mazda rear. thats all i did with mine and it works out pretty good
hunterw   +1y
oh and i have more more question...does doing to the yota spindle conversion keep me at about the same wheel offset? or will i need less or more offset? i doing this so i can fit 22s,so lots of offset options , i just want to make sure they will fit haha
bagdb2200   +1y
Toyota axle widths...
73-78 ~ 53"
79-83 ~ 55"
84-88 ~ 57"
89-95 ~ 58.5"
95-04 ~ 60"

I think that's only good for the 2wd 5 lug axles.

I have a 4wd 6 lug axle in my Mazda from an 84 or 85 and it's narrower than 57".
idminitrucker (jason)   +1y
i never compared it because the frame that has it came with it when i got it. but i would say it will depend on your control arms. Im not sure how much the spindles are different.
hunterw   +1y
Awesome thanks for that peter! And jason what drop spindles are you running? And what offset you tucking right now?
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
man hunter i wish you lived closer. i have a full set of yota spindles with ball joints, hubs, rotors, and calipers in my building. i bought them when i thought i was gonna do the swap then changed my mind. id let you have them.
I have no clue what brand they are there where no markings on them. but the wheels are a 18X7.5 with a +35 . I do have 1/4 of camber spacers because the cross shafts hit the perches a bit and i forgot to clearance them before paint so i took the easy way out. I know the 20X7.5 with a +40 fit and tucked too much and remember this is all on 2wd sheetmetal. Theres a pic of the 20 on the truck in my build thread.
onebadkota   +1y
I am going to be doing this conversion....Ive actually got the wheels from Eddy's "Payback" that im gonna be running..... Is doing the full out swap the better route? or can getting the hubs redrilled serve the same purpose?

This whole mazda thing is new to me like i have mentioned in other posts...So im just trying to take everything in i can.
If you redrill the hubs you get all of the wheel choices of 5 lug. I know the mazda drop spindles push the wheel out not sure if the toy ones do or not. so it might depend on what your needing.
will   +1y
I know there use to be a guy here that would redrill your front hubs to make them 5 lug. Witch ill be needing his assistance soon for my project. But also Does those yota rear ends have disk or drum brakes? I want Disk since my truck is being used to drift with.