Page 2 of 3
Mazda Engine Performance \  Mazda B2600i Exhaust

Mazda B2600i Exhaust

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 9278
replies 27
following 7

deahlsc   +1y
I'll have to look into them, thanks! Yeah, that's what I figured. Me and my friend did the exhaust work on my Ford but it took a good bit of time for us 'amateurs' and ended up spending more money than I should have. I'm not doing a real fancy exhaust on this truck and figured this work is literally a joke compared to what he's used to doing. Might as well have him do it!
deahlsc   +1y
Well, here's an update on my truck.

Just got it delivered to me at work. He did the once-over, put new rotors and pads on. We gave him bearings but he said they were too big and all mine needed were to be redone. He said the rotors we gave him were 3" oversized too...weird considering we grabbed them from our mazda dealer. Oh well... He did the exhaust and didn't even charge me labor for it. Muffler is like 8" long, round, and he couldn't remember the name of it. It's not a glasspack, sorta like a bullet muffler. It's pretty loud, I know that and it sounds really good. Not a ricey sort of tone. He looked at the clutch and told me everything was fine. If it ever gets worse I was told to tell him and he'll put everything in asap.

P.S. He's a Subaru mechanic and never worked on a Mazda truck before. He sure does love this thing though! Haha. Said it's amazing that they ever changed these things to a Ranger. Told me it was a hell of a machine, especially for what I payed for it . Will post pics on profile tonight... Thanks you guys!

~Stephen.
jenko   +1y
Good news!
A happy B2600
deahlsc   +1y
If I may just ask one more question, and I'll promise I'm done. Haha. If I want the rear end lowered, like say 2" max. Can I just get a machine shop to rebend the leafs? I'm not comfortable with taking them out but I guess I can. I can't lower the truck much since my tires are wide and stick out. Thanks guys!

~Stephen.
sahankaface   +1y
get lowering blocks and u will be good
91extcab   +1y
^^a set of blocks. Can get those at any auto parts store...
deahlsc   +1y
Alright, I'll look into it. Thanks!

~Stephen.
jenko   +1y
Resetting the leaves is another option, if you can afford the difference between block and reset leaves I vote reset leaves!
deahlsc   +1y
What all is involved in just putting the lowering blocks in? Something I can do by just lifting the truck a little or will I need an actual lift? If I went with resetting leaves, what's a reasonable price? I know I can't do that by myself lol.

*EDIT* Woops, forgot that google is my friend! Installing seems easy, so now: If I only go 2" that should be enough to level the truck shouldn't it? I don't want to touch the front end, and 2" isn't that much of a drop. I just would like to level it out. What's the biggest down falls of lowering blocks vs reset leafs? Guessing ride quality is a bit off without the leaf reset but is 2" really going to affect that much?
91extcab   +1y
We have 3in blocks in cortnye's single cab and it rides great. I dont know about resetting leaves. sounds like the two do the same thing just different ways to go about the same end result...