threads
Page 8 of 11
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Tuckn's official Miata swap thread.

Tuckn's official Miata swap thread.

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 25439
replies 107
following 22

tucknrimmaz   +1y

Teaser vid for you guys.
andres629   +1y
Nice! I want to do this swap in my '73 Courier. Thanks for the write up!
norcallumps   +1y
Waiting for the next vid...
tucknrimmaz   +1y
I finally got the stupid P0300 random misfire code fixed. My new plug wires were crap. I rewired the coils, bought new coils, another set of plugs, tried new cam sensor, crank sensor and it was the stupid plug wires!!!!! Now I can put the dash in and get some good vids of it ripping down the road. I personally like the kia sportage swap more right now, but the turbo potential for this BP is crazy. We shall see how this thing ends up.
thermus   +1y
Wny do you say you like the Sportage swap better. Im really looking into this and want to get as much info as possible.

Thanks for the build thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
tucknrimmaz   +1y
from a stock ecu stand point. If you are going to do heavy motor mods go with the miata.
thermus   +1y
You just said you prefer tye kia swap lol. Now you say the miata. I would be looking for future performance and I have seen both swaps done. Neither seem to difficult so I think I will look into the miata swap.

Thanks for the build thread though. Helps us all out.

charlesskelter   +1y
He said he prefers the Kia swap for simple plug and play ease. If you want a motor you can build up, then he prefers/recommends the Miata motor.
thermus   +1y
I see. I must have miss read it. Thanks

b22miata   +1y
I am in the middle of the same swap I built a trans mount and used factory miata motor mounts just moved them back. Where I'm lost is the wiring can anyone shed some light? And also this truck is getting a hx30 Holset turbo
post photo