Page 1 of 3
Mazda Engine Swaps \  5.7L 350 swap done right

5.7L 350 swap done right

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 15374
replies 26
following 18

350c.ib220   +1y
1987 mazda b2200 350.c.i. motor with a holley 650c.f.m carb., crane cam, elebrok intake maniflod, turbo 350 trans. 2800rpm stall. conv. b&m shift kit. the rear is outta a 78 trans am and has a 3.11 ratio. the motor was pulled from a 73 nova and is a 2 bolt main. . . . the truck is a project and isnt close to being done. but let me konw what ya think or any questions
post photo
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on Apr 07, 2009 12:04. This post has been edited 1 times.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
did you have to cut out the firewall or tunnel for the tranny?

-justin
mazda2guy   +1y
i was gona ask the same thing or for the dizzy
350c.ib220   +1y
The only mod. done to the fire wall was i had to cut the heater core lines and push back the fire wall in that area to be able to fit the dist. cap i am running. Also i had to make a 2in drop bracket off the existing trans mount. For the turbo 350 trans
heavenly_blade101   +1y
Hey guys, I was just given a 93 B2200 when my friend blew the motor. I was wondering what all had to be done to cram one of these in there. What did you do for a drive shaft? is there anyway to keep the stock rear end? Can this swap be done without taking apart the front clip? Mazda rad? I know I have alot of questions and I don't expect all of them to be answered right away, I'm just glad I've finally found someone who didn't use a ford 351 or 302.
boatsnhoes   +1y
Im doin the same swap in mine. Looking good!
asimmons   +1y
I got my hands on a 5.7 and 4l60e out of a 97 burban.... does anyone make the motor mounts and tranny mount in a kit to through this into a b2200?
maz2low   +1y
Why is the word 350 swap done right added? Are you implying some do the swap incorrectly?

Good luck the rest of the way, looks good so far, but I would suggest a bigger fan and centering it to allow better cooling.
sierrax   +1y

Drive shaft- Use the Mazda shaft and get a driveline shop to put the Chev (in this case) yoke on.
Stock rear end - Its fine but don't run blocks or get wheel hop. Best used with a four link.
Front clip - Yes. But I would recommend taking the bumper, grille, hood and fenders off. Less scratches any way easier to work on.
blue2600ion20s   +1y
you can use s10 v8 swap motor mounts for a 2wd 2.8l they worked great on mine you will have to notch the crossmember under the oil pan and fab up a tranny mount check mine out on my myspace