threads
Page 1 of 3
Mazda Engine Swaps \  4.3L S-10 motor swap?

4.3L S-10 motor swap?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 7164
replies 27
following 12

1lowb2200   +1y
Ok I'm back on the scene and for my first post has anyone ever or know of anyone that has ever swap a 4.3l S-10 into a b2200 or any other b-series.
v8mazda4ever   +1y
it is more or lees the same as doing a small block v-8 bro
bjv7022   +1y
yea.

for the work involved you might as well put a v8. the 4.3 is basically a 350 with two cylinders cut off.
elbine69   +1y
There were a few project threads on this swap somewhere on the site. Not sure if they ever got finished or not though.
1lowb2200   +1y
See there is a couple of problems i have with a v-8 first they drink to much gas and the truck still has to be a daily drive and second its just to much power for what i need the truck to do. the truck still has pull my pop up camper and for that i wont need a v-8 but the truck also has to still layout and tuck 20's. but wright now im still open to anything cause it will be awhile before i can swap out the motor my 2.2 still runs for now but it is on its last leg it has a knock when u press the clutch in but i have 2 different opinions on what it is one says its the crank shaft and one says its the throw out bearing but i wont take it apart wright now just in case it is the crank cause then the i cant move the truck around to mow the yard
v8mazda4ever   +1y
I can tell you that a 4.3 and a 305 v-8 will use up the same gas and have about the same horse power and you can still lay out on 20's and you can put a 2 barrel carb on it and with a good 700r4 you will find it might just be alittle better on gas plus with the 4.3 I have seen you have alot of wiring to do. With a 305 v-8 carbed you only have 3 wires to hook up and with the manual fuel pump you do not need to modify the fuel system. When it comes to the exhaust a set of camero stock headers or a set of s-10 v-8 aftermarket headers will hook right up on the passenger side and with one tube to modify on the drives it is an easy install.
1lowb2200   +1y
thx for the info man i will for sure have to look into it and weigh out my options if i had the funds i would just go for the rx-7 turbo swap like i wanted but not an option cause it will cost me to much but like i said thx for the info and i will go from here and decide but i have plenty of time
sosatheshark   +1y

good info lance
toddluck   +1y
you can carb a 4.3 as well
maztang (ryan)   +1y
just to let you know bro, i plan on dropping a fuel injected 4.3 in my 83 when i get back. i am also thinking about turbo charging it, but we will see. if you plan on doing it, get a wrecked s10 extreme to get everything from. it will be easier, you will need the engine and all the components, tranny, front yoke off the driveshaft and if you want to keep it fuel injected which is what i would suggest, you will need the electrical stuff. that is what i plan on doing, but i am also going to be dropping a 2nd gen rx7 irs in it as well. and a toyota 5 lug front clip.