threads
Page 2 of 3
Mazda Engine Swaps \  4.3L S-10 motor swap?

4.3L S-10 motor swap?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 7185
replies 27
following 12

maztang (ryan)   +1y
oh and i forgot to mention, i said to get an s10 extreme because they have more hp and torque than the others. just so you know.
1lowb2200   +1y
cool guys thx for the info
h2omelon(nick)   +1y

Actually they don't. The extreme was also available with the 2.2 4cyl.The xtreme package was only suspension,wheels and body kit. There were 2 different 4.3l available in them. the W code and Z code. The W code was the high output 190hp engine and the Z code was the standard 160hp engine.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
reflectorcollector on here he has the swap going on in his b2200 right now... he hasn't updated the build in a while but he has gotten into it quite a bit...
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
I am also doing the swap right now. I have W code 4.3 and a 700r4. Converted to carb so not much wiring.
1lowb2200   +1y
so is swapping in the 4.3 pretty straight forward or is there going to be a ton of work...... not that i would be putting it in seeing as i dont know much about swapping out motors......... but just for my brother-in-laws info
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
if your planning on running fuel injected there is alot of wiring involved, but if you carbed the motor it would an easier swap
1lowb2200   +1y
alright thx for the info
bggd86   +1y
I have a 3.8 liter buick motor with a buick 350 turbo tranny in my 86. The swap really wasn't to hard to do and the distributor is on the front on a 3.8 which helps on firewall clearance. That is one draw back to gm v8 swaps is the firewall usually has to be notched for distributor clearance. The truck is completely stripped right now for a stock floor body drop so I can't really take any pics. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.
Later
heavenly_blade101   +1y
The 4.3L is only a v6, so there should't be any firewall problems. My grandfather just gave me an astro with a 4.3 in it on the condition that I scrap whats left of it. All the engine and electronics are there. so has anyone actually completed this swap?