threads
Page 3 of 3
Mazda Engine Swaps \  4.3L S-10 motor swap?

4.3L S-10 motor swap?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 7186
replies 27
following 12

bggd86   +1y
I was mainly talkin about the distributor being a problem on the 305 or other gm v8. It's not that bad on a 4.3. My buddy has a 4.3 in a 1990 toyota and it cleared but the entire firewall was cut out and layed back about 3 inches on the bottom so I don't know how well it would have fit on the factory firewall.
heavenly_blade101   +1y
I need to see some home made motor mounts, I'm probly going to just fab spacers and use the astro mounts.
heavenly_blade101   +1y
*and I was wondering, can the mazda rad be used for the V6? If not I can use the astro rad.
bggd86   +1y
I am still running the stock radiator with no overheating problems but i do have a straight blade steel fan. I am gonna install a 2 core aluminum radiator after the body drop though. Just to clean up the looks.
heavenly_blade101   +1y
You did the 4.3 swap? I was thinking about going to an electric fan eventually.
bggd86   +1y
No mine is actually a 3.8 liter but there is not a much of a difference as far as cubic inches go. I am also changing to an electric fan after I put in my new radiator.
geterdun   +1y
4.3 astrovan a/c and alternator mount too high to close hood. Truck will work, or car should. Use car (I used '77 V8) motor mount for lowest mount in truck. They will sit on welded in original pads. Flex fan, no clutch and stock radiator. It is a drop in fit.
Post was last edited on Nov 19, 2018 12:11. This post has been edited 1 times.