threads
Page 10 of 11
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Tuckn's official Miata swap thread.

Tuckn's official Miata swap thread.

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 25441
replies 107
following 22

tucknrimmaz   +1y
1997 Miata Torsen diff:
thread post photo

I finally found the wire to get the pics and vids off my camera. Updates soon guys.
dealwithit   +1y
sick build man, nice work with the turbo setup, are you still running the stock ecu?
b2000bettywhite   +1y
im looking into doing this swap. my friend has a miata and constantly has parts for them and motor parts. what extcly is all needed for the swap. i read through this post and kinda got the basics but like you my truck is my daily and i need to get everything together before i bite the bullet lol
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Yes stock ECU with a Flying Miata VOODOO box for on boost fueling. Its basically an adjustable resistor with a MAP sensor attached. As soon as the box sees boost it lengthens the injector pulse to whatever you set it to. Retard the timing 4 degrees and set the air fuel mixture at 11.8 at 7200 rpms and your set. I bought the whole car so I swapped it over that way. If your just going to get a motor and miata bell housing your going to need to wire it up with some sort of an ecu. Get a fuel pump that can supply 60 psi. Motor mounts and a trans mount.
charlesskelter   +1y
Plan to do a write up or how to on the Miata rear swap?
tucknrimmaz   +1y
I wasnt. Basically remove wheels, remove drums and brakes. Unbolt axles and slide them out. Unbolt 3rd member and remove. Scrape gasket surface. The one thing you guys need to know about is the spacer that needs machined to sit inbetween the axle shafts to keep them spaced properly. I had to cut my truck diff apart to get my measurements. You want the spacer to fit nicely into the splined bores of the diff and measure the exact width of the little block inside the truck diff. Apply rearend permatex around Miata Torsen and put it back together with the spacer in place. My spacer was made from 316 Stainless steel. It is .995 in diameter and .978 in length.
blast4me   +1y
Did you or can you use the b2000 stock transfer for this swap. I have a built 1.6 miata motor that needs an new head and want to know what I'm running into. Good luck on you your swap btw.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Stock transfer? Did you mean Transmission? Or drivshaft? Or Differential?