threads
Page 5 of 11
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Tuckn's official Miata swap thread.

Tuckn's official Miata swap thread.

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 25329
replies 107
following 22

tucknrimmaz   +1y
Where the trans mounts are going.

Upper trans tabs.

Lower bushing mount.
thread post photo

I did plan on it being 1/2 inch forward to get the shaft out of the trans a bit. It's dead on flush right now. It has scared me for a year with no problems tho. Gotta pull the dash next I guess.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
My intake FINALLY showed up! If you ever think about buying something from CXRACING on ebay make sure and ask them to double check their inventory BEFORE you buy it. SHEESH
thread post photo
mymmeryloss   +1y
Votionspeed.com for all of you intake piping and filter kits. Cxracing sucks. Dealt with them before and never again...
mazdizzle   +1y
I've been buying all my stuff from
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Car has been scrapped.
thread post photo

Truck dash out.
thread post photo
mymmeryloss   +1y
Damn
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Its so cold outside that I decided to do a little more with the wiring. I need to buy 3-4 rolls of E-tape and get started wrapping it back up. I got the reverse lights, gauge illumination lights and turn signal/ high beam indicators figured out. Not too bad actually. The Miata guage cluster will fit quite nicely into the truck dash. Thats it for today. Swap maybe this weekend!?!?!?
charlesskelter   +1y
Very nice!
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Passenger side motor mount started.
thread post photo

Driver side:
thread post photo

And got the header flange made, now all I will need to do is buy a flex pipe and connect them.
thread post photo

I plan on starting the swap tomorrow if I dont need to work saturday. I also finished up my Miata gas tank mount that goes in the bed. (Just in case the sender doesnt just drop right into the truck tank.)
tucknrimmaz   +1y
I'm at the point of no return now. LOL Pulled the bed, driveshaft, trans, engine, and hood today. Pics start tomorrow. I am assuming you guys know how to take mazda b series apart so I didnt take any pics of that. First thing tomorrow I'm dropping the gas tank and welding in my trans bushing. Then I can stuff the motor and trans in and get the motor mounts finished. Soon enough guys!!!!