threads
Page 4 of 11
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Tuckn's official Miata swap thread.

Tuckn's official Miata swap thread.

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 25315
replies 107
following 22

pimp b2200   +1y

The miata, rx7, and b2200 share the same m style transmissions. The only differences are the bell housings for obvious reasions and tail shafts for b shifter placement. I swaped the tail shaft housing shift rod and the shift fingers from the b2200 trans to the miata trans. It then bolts up to the stock crossmember and the bell housing also sits in the stock location.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
I'm not going to take this tranny apart. I have a chance to make a cool trans crossmember and mount. I'm not passing that up. My current setup is just about 0 clearance in between the output shaft and the driveshaft. I was going to fix it with a wishbone 3 link and move the rearend back a hair. Now I can just move the tranny forward a bit. I got an intake on the way too. Rear main seal then I can finally pull the motor and scrap this car. Wiring after that. I will be busy this week.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
This is what it looked like this morning.
thread post photo

thread post photo

Now to

Ga

Underneath after dropping the exhaust, differental, and subframe.
thread post photo

Gas tank out. It should fit under the bed behind the axle nicely for a little more traction.
thread post photo

Until next time pic whores.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Motor is out of the car. Time to scrap this thing and pull the truck in. Pics tomorrow.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Engine on stand. Did front main, timing belt and valve cover gasket today.
thread post photo

This engine is CLEAN!!!
thread post photo

D. side motor mount bosses. Lots of options
thread post photo

P. side motor mount bosses. Not so much
thread post photo

Wiring layed out in driveway.
thread post photo
tucknrimmaz   +1y
I started hacking the wire harness. Pics tomorrow.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Fun Fun
thread post photo

This is about all I'm taking out. All I removed was the lights, heater, Airbag and power window wires. I spent about 5 hours on it.
thread post photo

I started working on the transmission mount today. This is my daily driver so I gotta get everything possible done before I commit to the swap some weekend. Ripping the FE out is cake. Once this trans mount is done I can make motor mounts with it in place and level. Hook up some wires and connect my exhaust to the header and I'm good. Still haven't decided on the gas tank. I'm pretty sure it will hang below the rollpan. I may rip off the bed and get that figured out this weekend.
mymmeryloss   +1y
Good updates!
mazdizzle   +1y
Looking good so far!
tucknrimmaz   +1y
thread post photo

Got it half drilled and welded today. I'm using 1/8 inch steel and a left over Thorbeck brothers 4link bar end. The bushing will be flush with the bottom of the frame on the front of the torsion bar crossmember. I will be able to remove the factory trans crossmember when finished. I will get more pics as it progresses.