threads
Page 2 of 11
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Tuckn's official Miata swap thread.

Tuckn's official Miata swap thread.

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 25334
replies 107
following 22

tucknrimmaz   +1y
lol. Dash is out. This wiring looks like a nightmare!!!!!!
thread post photo
mazdizzle   +1y
I have one word for all the wiring mess. Megasquirt. Are you going to run that on the stock miata computer?
orangemazdab2000   +1y
Dont be scared! You can do it!

resupergrx7   +1y
yea dont be scared man. There got to be wiring diagrams an all that or if you go megasquirt option. So want to see this done. already subscribed to this thread. post up questions an such man. bettin most people who read this thread will be willing to help ya get this thing done bro.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
I'm good. its just going to be more work than the Kia swap. the Miata has more sensors and just all around crap under the dash. Which I will have to fit under my dash, which still has the heater in this truck. I got the dash harness unhooked today and put a head unit in the wifes car so that's the update for today. I need 2 more jack stands to safely get under this thing to check it out. It's supposed to be 60 tomorrow so I'm excited to get more work done after work.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Yea, stock ecu is the plan. If I mega squirt anything it will be the wife's Celica first.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
thread post photo

Got the Miata a good 18 inches off the floor and pulled the intake, radiator, and got one belt off tonight. This weekend I plan on some hardcore teardown.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
thread post photo

Pulled the power steering and A/C comp today. Hopefully dropping the transmission tomorrow.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
thread post photo

Got the tranny pulled out today.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
More progress pics here: