Page 3 of 3
S10 Suspension \  Rear Disc Brakes

Rear Disc Brakes

S10 Suspension S10 Tech
views 3763
replies 28
following 3

maz89   +1y
Yeah, see I knew something wasn't right. My backing plate is different than yours ( from what I can see) plus my rear end being older, the flange on the axle tubes are different, but drill a couple of new holes, and cutting off what I don't need will take care of that. but you see in the last pic, the ring (the piece that's kinda rust and black 2 tone) that's between the axle shaft and backing plate, is that made on to the backing plate because I don't think mine has that..... or am I just looking at it wrong, it is freakin' almost 5 a.m. in the morning right now lol.....
nvious kreationz   +1y
OK i will try to do my best from closet thing all the way back
lug stud
axle
e-brake shoe which mounts to the dust shield
then NOT SEEN in the last pic
the caliper bracket
3 washers for spacing
then the axle tube square flange
bolts holding it together
and then the e-brake cable is mounted
maz89   +1y
maybe it's just how i'm looking at it, i mean, i know how it goes together, i know the flange on my axle housing is different, but that's no issue, and i have the e-brake shoe, which mounts to the flange, the dust shield which has a phillips head screw and a clip holding it to the e-brake shoe, the caliper bracket, and the caliper, and of course rotor, axles, etc.,etc......
maz89   +1y
and thanks for all the pics and for going through all the trouble to get them bro!! if I have any problems when I go to put them on I'll let you know. and if you ever need any help with anything, just hola! now I gotta find what happened to all the bolts hehe......
maz89   +1y
ok, thought of something else. on the e-brake shoe, where the axle tube from the housing goes through it, does the outside dia. of the axle tube fit snuggly against the inside dia. of the e-brake shoe or is there a 3/16" to 1/4" gap between the two???
maz89   +1y
maz89   +1y
bump
nvious kreationz   +1y
I believe there is a gap if I am talking the same place as you
maz89   +1y
well, say you're look at the axle from the side, like you're looking down the axle tube, you have the mounting flange that goes around that, the e-brake shoes bolts to that, but the e-brake shoe as a big hole in the center where the axle tube goes through. do you remember if there's a gap between the e-brake shoe and the axle tube, or did your e-brake shoe fit snuggly against the axle tube? mine has about a 1/4'' gap between the two all the way around..... looks right, just want to be sure...