Page 1 of 1
S10 Suspension \  control arms and spindles

control arms and spindles

S10 Suspension S10 Tech
views 1711
replies 6
following 3

scooter   +1y
first of all does anyone have a set of drop spindles for an s10 for sale, and lastly can someone tell me how to modify some upper arms to lay out on 20's? i know how to do the bottom but don't know how to do the top arms.
dropemlow   +1y
im lookin for spindles to i guess summit has em onsale for 135buxz
maz89   +1y
just behind the balljoint, pie cut the arm from the bottom and angle the tip of the arm downwards, when the truck lays out the arm will only go up so far because the balljoint binds, by pie cutting the arms downwards, it allows the arm to move up higher without binding the balljoint and stop it from layin out.
scooter   +1y
so all you are doing is making it where the ball joint won't bind up from angle-ing so much? i get it now. the last time someone explain that to me, i got confused by how they explained it lol
maz89   +1y
You got it bro! when the arms goes up (stock angles) it will get to a point where it's too steep of an angle for the balljoint, and won't let the truck lay, by angling the tip down, it allows the arm to rise high enough to lay without the balljoint binding so bad..... let me know if you have any problems bro, I'll help any way I can
scooter   +1y
okay thanx alot. also, doordragr, is that your dually on the pic, if so, did you take it to loatp? i think i got a pic of me standing beside it there if it is. its a nice ass truck too.
maz89   +1y
Yeah, that's my dually and yeah I was at lay'd out. I was parked in the HotRidesMag booth beside lvnlow's orange bodydropped dime. thanks for the props bro
Page 1 of 1