Page 1 of 3
S10 Suspension \  bolt-on link?

bolt-on link?

S10 Suspension S10 Tech
views 3471
replies 22
following 4

cluster   +1y
hrm ok... me have no welding skills and dont see it coming in the future so im looking for somethign to bolt-on if i can with my current,old,ugly,shitty setup ;p

its currently running 2600lb bags over the axle, mono-leafed with notches already there (so i think the main welding part is done for a linkage...?)

thread post photo

yes i know im gonna have fun with this frame and have my fall tied up with it.... it was a big joke what i found under the bed when i removed it (air parts on accessable from the bottom)

2 manual M.I.C valves
5 gallon 1-port! tank
2 thomas comps
3/8" line all the way around
2500lb front bags and 2600lb rears

the tank and manual valves was th ebfunniest....WAYYYY outdated as you can tell hehe

im planning on....after i decide on the link

RE-7's on all 4 corners
change manual valves to 8 electric
5 gal 8 port slim tank
viar 450 comp or maybe (2) 380s....not sure
1/2" lines
3 guages! (not havign guages blows)

me i look at it and think a 3-link bolt-on from SD will work maybe even 5-link. but the notches is what has me thinking, would i have to just go ahead and get them took out and inster a new bridge in its place to run the 3/5-link correctly? getting that done is not a big thing and/or if needed placing the bags in different locations (which i dont see a huge reason for) i just prefer something quick and simple like a SD bolt-on or road grater

maz89   +1y
you'll be fine with using the SD 3-link, your notches will be fine, the only reason you'd need to change them is if they're not tall enough to clear a bigger rim and tire if you go to a bigger size. the bag placement is fine where it is. The only thing that I see that will have to be addressed right off hand are the shocks, you'll need mounts off the axle because the 3-link does not include mounts that would work with where their at now...... hopes this helps, and let me know if ya got anymore questions bro! good luck!
cluster   +1y
kewl thanks alot, ill just work on relocating the shocks soon then... bed leaves for the shop tomorrow so ima go ahead and order my parts pile for the suspension, havent decided on a 49" L.E.D or Caddy Lights yet... right now it has 2 6-8" L.E.Ds maybe.... but the popo does not like those lol, and they are all the way on the bottom so im thinking where to put the long L.E.D where the cops wouldnt harrass to much, since i usually ride cali if i put it ont he bottom it would be like 4" off the ground, not the 20" its supposed to be :X

we will see onthat one but thats for the help
maz89   +1y
no problem man, let me know if ya got any questions.
dragginncrds   +1y
another thing that is just a sugestion if you wonted to invest would tbe the road grater kit from SD... a friend used it and he said he liked it... but i dono just a sugestion
maz89   +1y
yeah, the A.I.R. road grater kit is a great kit, it's just so expensive, and in your case has alot of things you don't need, like the notches and so. Hey dragginNC, about how long of an install was it when he put it in, do you know?
dragginncrds   +1y
umm first time doin it so he took his time.. and i think he said it was like 2 weeks just workin on it a little each night and some on the weekends...
cluster   +1y
i had the roadgrater kit in mind first but it already has notches so im not sure if it will go along with my current...if it would i think id get the roadgrater but only downfall i hear it doesnt have much list...yet i dont need alot in the back just front to clear 20s and ride a nice cali style

like would the notches just bolt over mine and i cut to fit....or would i just go and skip them, ill need to look at the kit a bit more i guess but it was my first thing in mind i hear it rides great, and this monoleaf shit is like riding a fukn bull man LOL
dragginncrds   +1y
hahahaha i hear ya... it does ride really good.. you will have to cut ur frame out where the kit goes in i believe
cluster   +1y

thats where the problem lays.... i have no problem cutting the fram hell i love cutting shit up but cant weld....now with the Road Grater with it having notches wouldnt it not fit right becaos i already have notches in place? i'll measure mine tomorrow to see what size they are but look small to me...yet get the job done