Page 2 of 3
S10 Suspension \  bolt-on link?

bolt-on link?

S10 Suspension S10 Tech
views 3482
replies 22
following 4

maz89   +1y
you might could get it to fit, but you'd def. have to cut the notches to get the road grater notches to work. that's why I suggested the SD 3-link, because you already have notches, bag mounts. all you need to do is bolt up the link bars, relocate the shocks and you're done. and save an ass load of money lol......
cluster   +1y

true the 3-link was always second choice but the ride quality cant be alot different anythign better then now...not like its a daily but i wouldnt mind a smoother ride, not having my bed on probably dont help any....

relocating the shocks cant be to big of a deal
dragginncrds   +1y
yah ur right.... let me kno what u choose though
maz89   +1y
you'll have alittle better ride with the link bars inplace of the leafs, but the road grater kit isn't going to ride any better, in any way, than going with that 3-link. That's a bag over the axle setup for ya. With the link bars, you'll notice the smoother ride when ridin' low, but back to crappy when you need lift. the only way you're going to achieve an all around smooth ride is with a "bag over link" setup and there's always the plus of getting more lift with this setup.....
dragginncrds   +1y
you right....
cluster   +1y

yea that explained alot hehhe, looks liek the road grater would just be 500-600$ more for just the name IMO

i might do a bag ove rlink soon, but right now its more of getting rid of this monoleaf crap and getting a better all aroudn setup before the bed goes back on, cuz that is one heavy SOB!

i thought about putting a small hydro setup in or somethign to lift the bed up when needed since when the bed is on as mentioned before only way to access the bag parts or anythign is jackign it up and going under it

many many plans but looks like this one is solved now just gotta save up for those darn control arms :-\
schreff   +1y
So will the 4 link bolt on work if you already have a c notch?
maz89   +1y
schreff - yes cluster - what kind of control arms are you goin with?
cluster   +1y
either ART or SD, but they say call for pricing so im kinda scared on that LMAO, i havent seen any prices around yet or any feedback on their control arms so dunno if they even came out with them yet i do know there was a wait on them

my current front is good besides the bag but i figure if im doing majority of the suspension why not do it all at once
maz89   +1y
the SD arms are very nice, hella strong. they have came out with them, but I believe there is a short wait. the SD arms will set you back close to $800 shipping and all..... the ART arms are very nice also, and I think they will set you back somewhere in the range of $500 to $600..... Also, Silver Star Customs ( ) All the arms named above are super nice arms and will lay your truck out on the 20's like you want, no problem. The ART, SSC, BLF arms all run around $500 to $600 for the whole setup......