Page 2 of 3
S10 Suspension \  Rear Disc Brakes

Rear Disc Brakes

S10 Suspension S10 Tech
views 3770
replies 28
following 3

nvious kreationz   +1y
i had 4wd parts so I needed to get 3/16 of an inch space between the bracket and the flange I just used 3 washers on all four bolts and it came out fine just make sure to use 2wd rear rotors from a 98 up blazer i will get some better pics in a little bit
maz89   +1y
the best I can remember mine came off a 2wd any way, but I don't see why it needs to be spaced out though. is the flange or backing plate shaped alittle different? and thanks for gettin' the pics bro!
nvious kreationz   +1y
I had to space mine because the caliper/brake pad was rubbing the rotor
maz89   +1y
okay, i see. so what all is the difference between the 4wd setup and the 2wd? I never really ever looked into it. i got the setup years ago and never looked at them again until now. i had to narrow my rearend so figured what the hell, might aswell put them on now, lol.....
nvious kreationz   +1y
calipers are the same backing plate/dust shields are the same I am almost certain the caliper mounting bracket are the same I have both 2wd and 4wd here I need to check the only difference should be the rotors and maybe pads I can't remember
maz89   +1y
something would have to be different for you to have to shim it, ya think?
maz89   +1y
O yeah, i was just wonderin', what does the flange on your rear end look like, the flange where the backing plate bolts up? what year rear end is yours?
nvious kreationz   +1y
OK I just tore my setup apart you owe me LOL give me a few min I will post the pix my truck is a 97 2wd
Post was last edited on Jun 27, 2006 11:06. This post has been edited 1 times.
maz89   +1y
You are the Fuckin' Man Nvious! I'm pay for you a lap dance whenever we meet!!!
nvious kreationz   +1y
ok these pix blow but I tried
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

It is still apart if you ne specifics