Page 3 of 4
Mazda Exterior \  Sun roof

Sun roof

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 3904
replies 35
following 9

sleepyspeed   +1y
lol... not trying to scare you just making sure you have the right sun roof for a universal application. YOu don't want a hole with nothing to fill it
castaneda8   +1y
yea. I know. That would suck. Well I think Ima go to junkyard and check out the cars or trucks with sunroofs and copy that lol maybe even take some stuff that could help
sleepyspeed   +1y
look for the first gen eclipses (89-94) they have a simple style sun roof should be very similar to what your installing
snoplow   +1y
dont know about that.i picked up one that is out of a 1st gen eclipse/laser/talon. with those types there needs to be a filler added on ht einside to make up hte diff in the gap between outside and inside. mine has about a 3/4" gap, that should have like insulation or extra liner in it.
p3arlb2200   +1y

Got any pix of this sleepy? sounds very interesting since i work for honda maybe i should do it
sleepyspeed   +1y

no I don't

but it's the sun roof on 92-95 ex civic coupes, the only hitch is your going to have to cut it out of the roof the way it's designed. It is built into the roof sheet metal as far as I can remember, so a junk yard donor would be the way to go.
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
If you need pictures I can take some close ups of the sunroof in my 87.Let me know.These are the only two i have right now.
thread post photo

thread post photo
bodied b2600zx (josh)   +1y
I wanna do a sun roof or somethin in my ext cab. . . maybe a g6 sun roof? The one with the stacking glass as it slides back

but that would be some cheese!

-Josh
bodied b2600zx (josh)   +1y
or it may not be a g6. . . I dont remember, really. . . .

-Josh
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
Your right the G6 is the one that stacks.