Page 1 of 4
Mazda Exterior \  Sun roof

Sun roof

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 3902
replies 35
following 9

castaneda8   +1y
Hey guys I just bought a sun roof. I was wondering if anybody knew how to put that in. lol. I heard you obviously measure well and cut with sauzal I guess but how can I make it so it wont leak and etc. Anybody ever done this b4
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
If you have access to an air saw that would be better.Measure 100 times cut once.I usually cover the entire roof with green painters tape to keep the paint from getting damaged and also so I can draw it out woith a sharpie.Good luck with it.
castaneda8   +1y
Sounds good. Do I have to do anything in particular though.
sleepyspeed   +1y
I can get you the black putty that they use to seal them with. matter of fact I have a roll in my work shop right now
castaneda8   +1y
The black putty for the sun roof? Well I bought it but all it has is a gasket and the glass. Thats all I need right? how much for putty
sleepyspeed   +1y
if it has a gasket that goes under the mounting lip then your good to go. Some use a putty that compresses and oozes out then you trim off the excess
castaneda8   +1y
nice. Ill take that putty than. Well it has the gasket. I know Im supposed to take off the headliner. Do I just cut all the way throught the roof or do I cut 1/2 way so I can lay the sun roof and gasket on that
castaneda8   +1y
somebody plz answer. I need help. I want to do it this weekend lol
sleepyspeed   +1y
you cut the roof all the way out, but need to leave enough for the to have a good mount on the window lip. I would use the gasket as a cutting diagram draw the line around the inside of the gasket, and then cut around that line on the outside of the line. It should drop right in, or need minimal trimming.

did you still want the putty, wasn't sure or not.
castaneda8   +1y
Yea Ill take that putty. But I live in oregon dude. idk where you live