threads
Page 9 of 9
Mazda Lowering Static \  how to: re-index torsion bars (with pics)

how to: re-index torsion bars (with pics)

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 38825
replies 86
following 44

mistah_tattoo   +1y
I'm having some trouble and hoping someone can help. So I have re indexed other vans and Utes before with no trouble. I can't undo my adjustment bolts any further. I've wound them down to as low as they will go but still have a lot of tension on the torsions, I can't physically wind them any lower. Would the sway bar have anything to do with there still being load on the torsion bar?

I have tried disconnecting the shock from the lower control arm to free it up, that didn't help.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance.
mistah_tattoo   +1y
Mistah_tattoo
digerati   +1y
I would like to do this, but I also want to be able to adjust it UP if I want too on the cheap.
Do you think I could get some small air shocks and it would allow me to bump it up if I wanted to about an inch or two?
mistah_tattoo   +1y

You want to have the option to jack the front up a couple of inches?
digerati   +1y

Yes because sometimes in the winter I may need some clearance. I still use it as a "TRUCK" sometimes. I dont want to put bags on it, just looking to lower static and have the option to bump it up with airshocks if need be. Front and back. I think air shocks on the back is easy, its the front that I have a question about. I read once that I could use old volkswagon beetle airshocks for the front?
crazycracker   +1y
I'd like to know how much lift/drop you get for each spline that you move the torsion bar (assuming the torsioning bolt goes back to the same position)?

I'm looking to raise mine about 3 inches, I was thinking clock it 2 spines further and put the bolt back to the same place it was.
ulrich   +1y
A bit over 2 inches.

I went one spline, and had to raise up on the adjusters, just a bit to match the 2" blocks in back .