threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  What front hubs fit on Mazda spindles for a 5 lug conversion

What front hubs fit on Mazda spindles for a 5 lug conversion

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 11828
replies 12
following 8

merkurman   +1y
I have seen references to Toyota hubs fitting for a 5 lug conversion and talk of Areostar hubs fitting as well.. Does anyone have any pics of an Areostart hub on a Mazda spindle? PLEASE?

Or would someone have the dimensions of the Mazda spindle? I am looking at a 94-95 Mustang hub and wondering if the bearings and dimensions are the same?....

Thanks all...
hocbj23   +1y
With a name like merkurman u must be the Delaware dude that bought the black MAzda longbed with the turbo Merkur engine from the guy in Florida.Cool truck.If u ever want to sell it let me know.BK
gravity5   +1y
NLC makes a front conversion kit...clint has done the research to make sure it works...I can get the kit for you as well. Other than that you can get bearings in all different sizes, that would not be the problem...the problem would lie in the thickness of the rotor as well as the hubs offset. And I cannot say if the mustang is right or not.
rutter0907   +1y
who's nlc and what's the website for this kit?
gravity5   +1y
nolimitscustoms.com Or call me up I can get the same kit for you....
oldskewlkool   +1y
nope dont do anything stupid send me $250 and i'll send you hubs for 5 lug conversion,(send me your old hubs back when you get the new ones), $500 for the front and rear kit, (hubs,axles new bearings and seals in the rear) plus all old shit PM me if interested
2lowtoy   +1y
The NLC is a sweet kit, there brand new machined hubs not welded and redrilled stocks. plus i beleive it has to bolt patterns on it.
merkurman   +1y

Actually I used to own a number of Merkur Scorpios including one that I installed a supercharged 5.4 liter V8 in it... I seem to like to install v8's in every thing I own... I have done a few Rangers, Datsun z cars, and S10's...and now I have a B2200....

Anyway is the spindle tapered or is it straight? I am sorry to say that I haven't pulled the front hubs yet but the location of the rotor and the overall thickness of the hub but they do not look like again special.. I have old hubs from my Scorpios and other vehicles in the shop and I will check them on the truck once I get it into the shop and strip the front hubs off...

For the rear it should be simple enough...Replace the Mazda diff with a Ranger diff if the spring pads are in the right place.. Even if they are not a welder and some flat stock will take care of that... And I get the added benefit of rear disk brakes too..
roknmotor   +1y
I know for a fact that early 90's aerostar hubs DO NOT Fit mazda spindles.
so i just went w/ redrilled and they work great.. I also did put a 99 ranger rear diff. i did not use the leaf spring perches i built a 4 link... however the leaf perches are pretty close u may be able to use them... i will take pics of my axle so you can get an idea.. plus i need to post some pics i just painted my frame and suspension the other day.