Page 1 of 3
Mazda Lowering Static \  A couple quick 4 link questions

A couple quick 4 link questions

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 5755
replies 25
following 15

mazdizzle   +1y
My first question is do I beed a bridge bar between the notches for support? I was going make brackets for my shocks and mount them to the notches without a bar unless it's needed. Second question is what height should the truck be at to set the pinion angle on the rearend? Thanks for any help. Here is what I have done so far
thread post photo
slammed83mazda   +1y
yes you need a crossmember between ur notches so it doesnt bow or flex, dude i really cant tell you about the angle
baha   +1y
yea you need a cross member in between the bridge, and set your pinion angle at your desirable ride height what ever that may be.
midnightmike   +1y
ya u need a x member over the bridge for sure and i thing the pinion angle can be set at a desired ride hight, but when u do the upper bars it should stay the same way for most of its travel
mazdizzle   +1y
Cool thanks for the info. How thick does the bridge bar need to be? I'm guessing that 1/4 inch sidewall might be over kill but I don't want to get something too thin.
midnightmike   +1y
it can never be to thick
baggedb22   +1y
1/4 is perfect, and ur suposed to set pinion at the ride height u will be at most of the time..
baggedb22   +1y
or desired ride height...
mazdizzle   +1y
Sounds good I got the axle driveshaft all straightened up and tacked the upper bars in place. I'm going to finish welding it in a minute I just needed to take a break.
thread post photo
baggedb22   +1y
Looks good man!