threads
Page 3 of 9
Mazda Lowering Static \  how to: re-index torsion bars (with pics)

how to: re-index torsion bars (with pics)

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 38824
replies 86
following 44

low n slow   +1y
same but i said drivers side and passenger side. so when i said drivers side turn counterclockwise (on lhd vehicle) he turned counterclockwise on an rhd vehicle which made it lift. i will change it when im not drunk haha good to hear its helpful man
jimbeater   +1y
should add:
when adjusting final ride height you can put your tire(s) back on and use your lift and jack stands in and out quick while loosening or tightening the torsion bolt. in some cases you may have just enough clearance under the truck with it all the way down, to reach in and crank them down more. i like to jump on the front bumper and move the truck around a little bit to articulate the suspension a lil, so it settles naturally. part of the idea behind reindexing is to get the 'hook', where you turn the torsion bolt in, to be fairly level with the bottom of the cab, and not hangin down, so as to possibly get snagged on something while pulling in a driveway, or other close call spots.

and keep in mind do you want it perfect level when you're not in the vehicle? or while driving? lol doesnt really matter i guess... it'll be outta wack if you ever have a passenger anyways!
lofosho86   +1y
on my old truck i snagged one of my bars on a train track and ripped the torsion bar out!it was pretty violent so when i got home i just took the other one out!lol
phattboiislim   +1y
good one deffinitely gonna do this
low n slow   +1y
good luck phatboyslim post up some pics if ya can after!
lysol86   +1y
Very helpful! Thank you! I am new to b series trucks. I have three inch blocks in the rear and i pulled my bars out at work cuz i put tires and new ball joints in as well so it was a good time to do so. Adjsted them two splines and buzzed them back up. Now it sits perfectly level. An easy way to get it perfectly even after you reindex is to pull onto a drive on lift if you have access to one lift it and fine adjust with a tape measure while its got the weight on it. Its sittin good now. Thank you!
rotten   +1y
doing this saturday! great write up!
rustbukkit   +1y
this is an awesome write up! will be attempting soon
mazdaron   +1y
nice write up
supratreo   +1y
so i tried to do the reverse of this in order to get lift to level my truck out and it was a nightmare. i did the D/S first and it went smooth. my truck isn't rusted AT ALL so it was easy. unfortunately the P/S was too easy, the bracket on that side slipped off before i could mark it :/

in step you said do turn the key CCW on the d/s and CW on the p/s (but it didn't mention from what view) so i did it from the position you have it in in step 8 but opposite of what you said. i turned it 1 notch and it REALLY dropped my truck. so i did the opposite. the p/s what horrible because the key came off so i had to use trial and error. about 3 hours later i'm right back where i started haha.
the reason i want to index it is because i ran the bolt all the way up to level the truck out but it bottoms out over speed bumps, like there's no suspension travel.

my question is, which way do i turn the key to lift my truck?
thanks