threads
Page 2 of 9
Mazda Lowering Static \  how to: re-index torsion bars (with pics)

how to: re-index torsion bars (with pics)

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 38826
replies 86
following 44

nc4life   +1y
NICE!!! Sweet right up.
dragginmazda86 (dave)   +1y
Great write up and pics man!! We needed a write up on this topic. Thanks.
rh1an5   +1y
i need to do this today, previous owner did one side and left it at that :/

now with the drop spindles in im scrubbing quite badly, will try and grab a few pics as well.
rh1an5   +1y
great right up man, after a few mild hick ups with my getting the drivers side confused, all done.

actually it was all in reverse to me, had to actually de-index MY drivers side bar.

BUt again great work man, of all the right ups i have seen this is the 1st to ever have picks
paparoach1983   +1y
nice write up man
low n slow   +1y

so the tutorial helped out out good? or was it confusing? take some pics of it dropped now and show us!
rh1an5   +1y
both helpful and confusing. Great for removing the parts, but when it came time to rotate the shaft i had to really stop and think. as my driver side and your are different, will throw some pics up over the weekened
low n slow   +1y
are you right hand drive?

basically when your turning you want the hook at the back to be going upward. so when your turning the torsion bar watch the hook and make sure its going up from where it started and you should be good. if u can figure out some better wording for me let me know and i'll change it im not the greatest with words
rh1an5   +1y
yeah being in Aus i have aright hand drive, which is where it all got a bit confusing.

but other than that spot on.

cheers
paparoach1983   +1y

Arent the torsion setups the same on right an left hand drives.