Page 2 of 6
Tennessee Wheel and Tire \  steel 22s

steel 22s

Tennessee Wheel and Tire
views 15765
replies 55
following 24

lockone   +1y
I would advise strongly against stetching the tires over a 22.5. This causes premature wear on the steel belts of a tire and will eventually cause catastrophic failure of the tire, possibly injuring/killing youself, a loved one, or a bystander.

Sounds good. Just give me a few days ahead of time if you want 2 sets of adapters because we build these to order.
dragyota   +1y
what actually gets cut on the rim is it the bead lip or the actual lip itself that gets milled and if i run steel inners and alum. outers how much of a fender stretch would i need
lockone   +1y
You will still need to stretch the fenders upwards of 3 inches but it all really depends on the width of your rearend.
974door   +1y
Steel wheels also affect your stopping distance because of the weight. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true.
someotherguy   +1y

Not crazy at all, and absolutely true. Same effect on your acceleration. More unsprung weight affects your handling, too.

With that said though it sounds kickass Trev is gonna have pre-made "milled" steelies, if for no other reason than running the inside rears, but I do know a lot of guys want to run them all the way around because they do look cool.

Richard
974door   +1y

No doubt, gonna be badass to have a steel wheel that is actually safe. I loved the way they looked on mine.
dragyota   +1y
how did u get tires on urs if there is noway to mill them did u stretch them
shortbus   +1y
What about a townasty off-set?
974door   +1y
They are stretched.
lockone   +1y
More weight does equal increased stopping ratio and decreased acceleration but you get that with any W&T application you put on that adds more weight.

We are also working with our builders of these wheels to cut the weight to that will withstand the everyday abuse that a 1ton will handle. You have to keep in mind that the steel 22.5 are built for commercial use and are made to be used on a 5 ton truck that sees over 1 million miles in a year.