Page 6 of 6
Dually Engine \  dually running rich and randomly misfiring

dually running rich and randomly misfiring

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 5159
replies 56
following 7

jessejames7575   +1y
Forgot when I first put the 22.5 s on I made a sharp right turn. And the tire hit the computer the way they had it mounted. And it broke the plastics mounts they had and pulled out one plug. I plugged it back in and it started right up and seemed fine. And I had to make new mounts for computer. I done a couple 90s from a sheet of 14g and drilled a couple holes and remounted the computer. But mounted the computer with the screws in the housing. Would that hurt anything bc it hooks to metal on both ends. Basically grounded?? I'll try to post a pic later to show what I mean. This things is starting to give me a huge headache. I'm ready to fix it and sell it already
jessejames7575   +1y
Anybody??
jessejames7575   +1y
Help me Plz. Lol
krewzlo   +1y

You sure it didn't break any wires off when it pulled the plug? Or any of the prongs in the computer? Did you screw right into the computer or the bracket? Not sure that the computer would want to be grounded, its not from the factory as it sits in the bracket and held in with clips.

I'll give ya a grand for it,
jessejames7575   +1y
Wires and prongs look fine. And straight to the computer
someotherguy   +1y
Easy enough to take the screws out of it and bungee it to something in a way that it's not grounded. Don't think that would do it but once you start dicking with grounds, it's possible to cause problems. It's too easy for people to think more grounds = good and in a very simple sense that's basically correct, but you get the wiring scheme too screwed up and you end up with ground loops and all kinds of freaky behavior. I say try to get the setup as close as possible to how stock would have it, I know the truck is modded and that's not literally possible but you can make it at least electrically similar and see if that helps.

Are you 100% sure you didn't damage the PCM sticking screws into it? Did you drill/tap or use some existing holes, and if so, were they blind?

Richard
comegetsome   +1y
my buddy stanley put some underbody lights on his s10 way back in the day when we was all turning 16...he sheetmetal screwed the fuse holder for them to the corner of his computer...not sure why since there was a fenderwell there...but regardless...his truck crunk up and he drove it about 2 miles....then the computer shorted out....he had to get a new PCM and have his truck reprogrammed....pretty expensive mistake on his part....id def check out the PCm then if you have put screws through the case