dually running rich and randomly misfiring

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 5157
replies 56
following 7

jessejames7575   +1y
Yep all 4 plugs soaked
brianbgboy   +1y

That's definitely strange. I think the only way that is possible is if the injectors on that side are leaking. I've never encountered this. Ill ask a few other techs and maybe they have.
jessejames7575   +1y
Plz do. Done it before and after. I changed to the brand new Bosch injectors. Everything down to the lower intake gaskets r new. Every sensor on the motor is new except. Maf. Fuel pressure is 59 on every injector also
jessejames7575   +1y
Anyone think maybe the PCM might need reflashed??
jessejames7575   +1y
Anyone think the PCM might need reflashed??
brianbgboy   +1y
Im leaning toward a ground issue . All 4 injectors on that side seem to be sporadicly spraying fuel. If it were pcm all would do it.
jessejames7575   +1y
But all injectors r wired together. Wouldn't they share the same ground??
brianbgboy   +1y

They do but if its a bad ground you will get feedback causing and always open circuit when pcm pulses it to spray. I've seen a pinched ground on 1injector keep it spraying on pulse. That's why I say ground issue.
bigcat   +1y
All injector are not wired together on this truck, each one has its own power supply, which comes from the batt and is fused through the ECM1 fuse in the under hood fuse block. They have power any time the key is on. The PCM grounds each on at the proper time, so a pinched ground is not likely, it would have to be 4 pinched ground wires. It is possible, but not likely, so double check to make sure they are not stuck under the intake or something.
Stupid computer, cant copy the wiring diagram for you to post it on here
jessejames7575   +1y
I've checked for pinched wires. To me it sounds like fuel might b fine bc injectors r all 59. Think maybe somehow the spark isn't right on that side. Not burning the gas like it should